The Fun They Had Short Summary in English are written by experts. Go through and gain confidence. We at edumantra highly appreciate your feedback regarding Short Summary of Chapter The Fun They Had.
The Fun They Had Short Summary in English
- Margie and Tommy are students of future schools.
- Tommy finds an old book about school in the attic. They turn yellow, crinkly pages of the book and are surprised to see still words in the book.
- They thought the old book to be a waste of resources, as it was to be thrown away after one use. But tele-books last longer and contain many books together.
- Margie hated school as her teacher gave her test and she performed badly.
- She hated the slot for putting homework and test papers.
- Margie’s mother called the County Inspector who came with all his equipment and repaired it in an hour.
- Margie wasn’t happy as she thought he would take the teacher for a few days.
- The County Inspector told her mother that Margie’s bad performance in Geography was due to the faulty setting of her teacher.
- Tommy explained that centuries ago the schools were not like theirs. They had a man as a teacher who taught students different subjects, asked questions, and gave homework also.
- Margie couldn’t believe the man was smart enough to know different subjects.
- Tommy told her that the school was in a special building and students would go there and children of the same age group studied the same things.
- But Margie’s mother had told her that every child has to be taught according to his needs.
- Now Margie was interested in reading more about the old funny schools.
- Tommy and Margie attended school at a fixed time.
- Margie thought about the old schools where kids had a lot of fun studying together and playing.
- The computer screen of her ‘teacher’ was flashing a new chapter in arithmetic on the addition of proper fractions. But Margie was lost in the thoughts of the old school.