To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each question below, a phrase is given below which some alternatives are given,’ One of these is the most appropriate word i.e. it best conveys the meaning of the phrase. Find out the most appropriate word in each case.
1.Study of mankind. (Asst. Grade, 1991)
(a) Pathology (b) Physiology (c) Philology (d) Anthropology
2. Intentional destruction of racial groups.
(a) Homicide (b) Genocide (c) Fratricide (d) Regicide
3. One who is interested in the welfare of women?
(a) Feminine (b) Feminist (c) Effeminate (d) Flamboyant
4. Study of statistics of births, deaths diseases to show the state of the community.
(a) Geography (b) Anthropology (c) Topography (d) Demography
5. Through which light cannot pass. (Stenographer’s Exam, 1993)
(a) Dull (b) Dark (c) Obscure (d) Opaque
6. A sudden rush of wind.
(a) Gale (b) Typhoon (c) Gust (d) Storm
7. One who takes delight in excessive cruelty?
(a) Anarchist (b) Sophist (c) Sadist (d) Nihilist
8. An unexpected stroke of good luck.
(a) Fortune (b) Windfall (c) Boon (d) Breakthrough
9. A person who helps you break the law.
(a) Spy (b) Collaborator (c) Ally (d) Accomplice
10. Not conforming to ordinary rules of behaviour.
(a) Lunatic (b) Absurd (c) Eccentric (d) Maniacal
1.(d) 2. (b)
3. (b) 4. (d)
5. (d) 6. (c)
7. (c) 8. (b)
9. (d) 10. (c)