To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each question below, a phrase is given below which some alternatives are given,’ One of these is the most appropriate .word i.e. it best conveys the meaning of the phrase. Find out the most appropriate word in each case.
1. Stealing from the writings of others. (Central Excise, 1994)
(a) Copying (b) Reframing (c) Reproducing (d) Plagiarism
2. Short descriptive poem of a picturesque scene or incident.
(a) Malady (b) Sonnet (c) Idyll (d) Charade
3. A man who starves the body for the good of the soul.
(a) Monk (b)Ascetic (c) Saint (d) Spiritualist
4. A person who is reserved in talks.
(a) Reticent (b) Silent (c) Mendicant (d) Garrulous
5. A short stay at a place. (Translator’s Exam, 1994)
(a) Halt (b) Interlude (c) Intermission (d) Sojourn
6. A raised place on which offerings to a god are made.
(a) Mound (b) Chapel (c) Alter (d) Archives
7. To talk much without coming to the point.
(a) Verbosity (b) Garrulousness (c) Loquacity (d) Circumlocution
8. Constant effort to achieve something. (S.B.I. P. O. 1991)
(a) Perseverance (b) Attempt (c) Enthusiasm (d) signal
9. A place where a wild animal lives.
(a) Forest (b) Stable (c) Lair (d) Sanctuary
10. A person who looks on the bright side of things.
(a) Sycophant (b) Optimist (c) Cynic (d) Pessimist
1.(d) 2. (c)
3. (b) 4. (a)
5. (d) 6. (c)
7. (d) 8. (b)
9. (c) 10. (b)