To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, find out which one of the words given below the sentence can most appropriately replace the group of words italicized in the sentence.
1. His father is a doctor who treats children and infants.
(a) Dermatologist (b) gynecologist (c) Podiatrist (d) pediatrician
2. The fashion of bell-bottomed trousers has become out of date.
(a) Preposterous (b) debilitating (c) Obsolescent (d) obstreperous
3. Rajiv Gandhi was awarded ‘Bharat Ratan’ after his death.
(a) Ephemeral (b) posthumous (c) Extempore (d) maiden
4. He does unpaid work for the Red Cross. (C.D.S. 1989)
(a) honorific (b) honest (c) honorary (d) honorable
5. The education in primitive gurukuls comprised mainly of telling the stories of old time gods or heroes.
(a) ode (b) epic (c) allegory (d) legend
6. The conclusions derived from experiments showed deviation from the common rule.
(a) heterogeneity (b) anomaly (c) anonymity (d) strange
7. In the olden days, the king was considered all powerful.
(a) veteran (b) omnipotent (c) omnivorous (d) omniscient
8. Despite being in the career of singing for the last ten years, he has not been able to earn fame on account of his practice of borrowing ideas and words from others and using them as his own.
(a) adaptation (b) pantomime (c) imitation (d) plagiarism
9. Every person is not allowed to enter the place where public, government or historical records are kept.
(a) scullery (b) pantry (c) archives (d) coffer
10. The advertisement assured the public that the medicine would give back to the users, their youthful vigour and appearance. (R .B.I. 1990)
(a) rejuvenate (b) restore (c) replenish (d) render
1.(c) 2. (c)
3. (b) 4. (c)
5. (d) 6. (b)
7. (b) 8. (d)
9. (c) 10. (a)