Writing is a skill for communication for conveying ideas and feelings from one person to another. This can be done by writing reports, notices, messages, paragraphs and letters. A report is a short writing skill describing some event or incident.
Points to be kept in mind.
(1) A report is a piece of first-hand information about an incident, occurrence or event.
(2) It must be brief, to the point and systematic.
(3) It must be written in past tense
(4) It must be given a suitable heading or title, the name of the person writing it, date and the place from where it was written.
(5) The report should be simple. Exaggerations and superfluous matter should be avoided.
SOME SAMPLES AND EXAMPLES OF REPORT WRITING ARE:-