To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Direction: Choose the most suitable ‘one word’ for the following expressions.
1.A person who travels to a sacred place as an act of religious devotion. (B.Ed. Entrance, 1993)
(a) Hermit (b) Pilgrim (c) Saint (d) Mendicant
2. To do away with a rule.
(a) Cancel (b) Repeal (c) Obliterate (d) Abrogate
3. One who talks very little?
(a) Reserved (b) Mute (c) Phlegmatic (d) Stoic
4. A person sharing responsibility for a political party’s discipline and tactics.
(a) Statesman (b) Diplomat (c) Whip (d) Defector
5. Food which agrees with one’s taste. (Transmission Executives, 1994)
(a) Pungent (b) Palatable (c) Sensuous (d) Edible
6. Government by the representatives of the people.
(a) Diplomacy (b) Democracy (c) Socialism (d) Autocracy
7. Informal business communication with a personal signature.
(a) Agendum (b) Corrigendum (c) Plagiarism (d) Memorandum
8. One who loves books? (C.B.I.1993)
(a) Bibhiophobe (b) Bibliographer (c) Bibliophile (d) Bibliophagist
9. One knowing everything.
(a) Learned (b) Omnipresent (c) Omnipotent (d) Omniscient
10. A story in verse.
(a) Elegy (b)Hymn (c) Sonnet (d) Ballad
1.(b) 2. (d)
3. (a) 4. (c)
5. (b) 6. (b)
7. (d) 8. (c)
9. (d) 10. (d)
ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION EXERCISE-33
Direction: Choose the most suitable 'one word' for the following expressions.