To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Direction: Choose the most suitable ‘one word’ for the following expressions.
1.Ask of taken one of life.
(a) Suicide (b) Slaughter (c)Homicide (d) Immolation
2. A person who brings goods illegally into the country. (Asstt. Grade, 1994)
(a) Exporter (b) Importer (c)Smuggler (d) Imposter
3. A man who dances to the tunes of his wife.
(a) Effeminate (b) Slave (c) Henpecked (d) Chum
4. A place of ideal peace and happiness.
(a) Asylum (b) Utopia (c) El Dorado (d) Elysium
5. One who stirs people for personal politics or profit?
(a) Pedagogue (b) Demagogue (c) Dictator (d) Hypocrite
6. One who is honourably discharged from service?
(a) Emeritus (b) Honorary (c) Sinecure (d) Retired
7. Shining, brilliant and magnificent.
(a) Luminous (b) Gleaming (c) Resplendent (d) Polished
8. Cutting for stone in the bladder. (Bank P.O. 1990)
(a) Dichotomy (b) Tubectomy (c) Vasectomy (d) Lithotomic
9. A heavy unnatural slumber.
(a) Nap (b) Insomnia (c) Coma (d) Stupor
10. Changing one’s mind too quickly.
(a) Adaptability (b) Instability (c) Versatility (d) Vacillation
1.(a) 2. (c)
3. (c) 4. (d)
5. (b) 6. (a)
7. (c) 8. (d)
9. (d) 10. (d)
ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION EXERCISE-32
Direction: Choose the most suitable 'one word' for the following expressions.