To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words’ sentence.
1.Incapable of being explained accounted for.
(a) Incredible (b) Inexplicable (c) Inexplicit (d) Inexpressible
2. A person is interested in reading books and nothing else. (Assistant Grade, 1994)
(a) Student (b) Book worm (c) Scholar (d) Book-keeper
3. A book or pictures produced merely bring in money.
(a) Money-spinner (b) Pot-hook (c) Pot-boiler (d) Blue-bird
4. Deviation or departure from common rule or standard.
(a) Heterogeneity (b) Anomaly (c) Unanimity (d) Anonymity
5. A person who hates women.
(a)Misanthropist (b) Masochist (c)Misogynist (d) Misogamist
6. Elderly women in charge of a girl on social occasions.
(a) Spinster (b) Matron (c) Chaperon (d) Chandler
7. The land so surrounded by water as to be almost an island. (Bank P.O. 1990)
(a) Archipelago (b) Isthmus (c) Peninsula (d) Lagoon
8. A place adjoining kitchen, for washing dishes etc.
(a) Cellar (b) Wardrobe (c) Scullery (d) Pantry
9. Incapable of being wounded.
(a) Invulnerable (b) Invincible (c) Infallible (d) Impregnable
10. A fixed orbit in space in relation to the earth. (Central Excise, 1995)
(a) Geological (b) Geo-synchronous (c) Geocentric (d) Geostationary
1.(b) 2. (b)
3. (c) 4. (b)
5. (c) 6. (c)
7. (c) 8. (c)
9. (a) 10. (d)