To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words’ sentence.
1.That which can be interpreted in any way
(a) Ambient (b) Ambivalent (c) Amphibious (d) Ambiguous
2. A political leader who tries to stir up people.
(a) Demagogue (b) Dictator (c) Statesman (d) Martinet
3. A light sailing boat built especially for racing. (I. Tax & Central Excise, 1999)
(a) Dinghy (b) Canoe (c) Yacht (d) Frigate
4. The person who has long experience.
(a) Stalwart (b) Pedantic (c) Itinerant (d) Veteran
5. Atonement for one’s sins.
(a) Redemption (b) Repentance (c) Salvation (d) Expensive
6. An instrument for viewing objects at a distance.
(a) Microscope (b) Telescope (c) Periscope (d) Kaleidscope
7. Be the embodiment or perfect example of. (Bank P.O. 1995)
(a) Signify (b) Characterise (c) Personify (d) Masquerade
8. A general pardon of political offenders.
(a) Parole (b) Forgiveness (c) Clemency (d) Amnesty
9. A man who operates on sick people.
(a) Physician (b) Operator (c) Surgeon (d) Physiotherapist
10. A person who maliciously destroys by fire.
(a) Antagonist (b) Activist (c) Terrorist (d) Incendiary
1.(d) 2. (b)
3. (c) 4. (d)
5.(b) 6. (b)
7. (c) 8. (d)
9. (c) 10. (d)