CBSE Class 8 Email Writing
Full Form of E- mail- E-mail, also known as Electronic Mail is a method of exchanging digital messages across the internet or other computer networks. It is the quickest way to communicate in writing.
How to Write an Effective E-mail
E-mail messages consist of two major sections:
1.Header consisting of- subject, sender, receiver, date and time.
2.The body which contains the message. It can contain formal/informal language depending on the purpose.
Tips on composing Effective and Professional E-mails: &
E-mail writing format for students and Professionals
1. It should be brief.
2. It should give a clue to the content of the message.
3. It need not be a complete sentence.
1.Dear Sir/first name of the person
1.Begin with a pleasantly or greeting
2. When replying a message- Thank you for your message./ I received your message
Clarity and tone
1.When you expect a reply-‘Please let me know’
2. When you want help-please ‘or kindly’
1. Each main idea should be in a separate paragraph.
2. Use a complete sentence. Do not use SMS language.
Meaning of CC and BCC
CC: Carbon Copy adds addressee to it, if those people need to know about the subject, but are not required to act on the contents.
BCC: Blind Carbon Copy—People in this field are concealed from other recipients in the:-To, CC, and BCC fields. They can see others in the: To and CC fields, but not the BCC fields.
Do’s and Don’ts about E-Mail
1. Use an informative subject line.
2. Write the most important information first.
3. Use number and bullets to make the message clearer.
4. Use simple grammar and language.
5. Write short sentences.
6. Use separate paragraphs.
1. Write about irrelevant issues.
2. Give personal information that you don’t want someone else to know.
3. Use capital letters to write whole words as in emails, this is considered shouting.
4. Use different fonts (the recipient’s computer may not be compatible).
5. Use Italics.
6. Use exclamation marks.
7. Use incomprehensible abbreviations, acronyms and smileys.
Professional E-mail Writing Examples pdf
1.E-mail to your friend Describing the phone and all its exciting features
2. E-mail to the Editor of a local daily describing the condition of the city
3. E-mail to a friend giving details of the Seminar on ‘Effective Listening Skills’
4.E-mail to your friend describing your first experience of snowfall
6.E-mail to your father showing your inability to go home as planned earlier.