The Lake Isle of Innisfree Short Summary is written by experts. Go through and gain confidence. We at edumantra highly appreciate your feedback regarding Short Summary of Poem The Lake Isle Of Innisfree.
The Lake Isle of Innisfree Short Summary
By- W.B. Yeats
- The poet has the desire to spend some time in the Lake Isle of Innisfree.
- He wants to build a small cabin made of clay and fence and to pass his time there.
- He will have the opportunity to hear the songs of crickets there.
- He will enjoy the songs of flying linnet in the evening.
- He also wants to feel the waves of lake water striking the shore.
- His purpose is to spend some precious time in the lap of nature.
- The poet wants to enjoy the beauty and charm of Innisfree.
The Lake Isle of Innisfree Poetic Devices
- ‘A hive for the honeybee’ and ‘live alone in the bee-loud glade’.
We see the repetition of consonants with a similar sound in these lines.
- I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree.
And a small cabin builds there, of clay and wattles made:
The ‘a’ sound in the lines creates a musical effect. There are many examples of assonance throughout the poem.
- Purple, hazy, full of birds.
- I hear lake water lapping with low sound by the shore.
He is actually not hearing the sound of lapping water.
- ‘Veils of the morning’ means fog or news of the morning.
- ‘Deep hear’s core’ — the poet feels and dreams deeply.