On Killing a Tree is one of the best tree poems in English and this tree solution are well provided by Edumantra including Introduction, Message, Theme, Title, Characters, Summary in English, Summary in Hindi, Word meanings, Complete lesson in Hindi, Extracts, Long answers, Short answers, Very short Answers, MCQs and much more.
ON KILLING A TREE
By– Gieve Patel
Very Short Answer Type Questions
1. In the poem ‘On Killing A Tree’ what is the tree a symbol of?
Ans. In this poem, the tree is a symbol of deep-rooted evil.
2. How does a tree grow up?
Ans. A tree grows up by getting food and other nutrients from the earth.
3. Can we kill a tree with a simple jab of the knife?
Ans. No, we can’t kill a tree with a simple jab of the knife.
4. How should we kill a tree?
Ans. We should kill a tree by hacking and chopping it.
5. What should we do to kill a tree permanently?
Ans. To kill a tree permanently we should take out its root from the earth.
6. Where does the strength of a tree lie?
Ans. The strength of a tree lies in its roots.
7. What should be done to the roots or a tree?
Ans. The roots of a tree should be snapped and taken out of the earth.
8. What finally kills the tree?
Ans. Scorching and choking kill the tree finally.
9. What does it mean ‘the strength of the tree is exposed’?
Ans. It means the roots of the tree are taken out of the earth.
10. It is easy to kill a tree?
Ans. No, it is not easy to kill a tree.