A Baker from Goa Short Summary are written by experts. Go through and gain confidence. We at edumantra highly appreciate your feedback regarding A Question of Trust NCERT Solutions.
A Baker from Goa Short Summary
By– Lucia Rodrigues
- Elders often think fondly of good Portuguese days and their famous loaves of bread.
- The age-old furnaces still bake those bread.
- The thud and jingle of the baker’s bamboo announcing his arrival can still be heard in some places.
- Even today, these bakers are known as Pader in Goa.
- The children ran to meet and greet him.
- They longed for bread-bangles and sweet bread of special make.
- Marriage gifts were meaningless without the sweet bread known as the ‘bor.
- The lady of the house must prepare sandwiches on the occasion of her daughter’s engagement.
- Cakes and `bolinhas’ are a must for Christmas and other festivals.
- The presence of the baker’s furnace in the village is absolutely essential.
- The bakers in the old days used to wear a dress known as the kabai.
- Baking was quite a profitable profession in the old days.
- The baker and his family always looked happy and prosperous.