Study of phrases and idioms is very important to learn the advanced English language. We are providing phrases Exercises with phrases meaning which can be said verb phrase examples. Through this phrase express, you will learn idioms and phrases English and be perfect in phrase grammar. So if you are searching for the phrase in English and phrase meanings with sentences or phrase and clause you are at the right place. Find these phrase keywords and enjoy this phrases list.
Directions: Of the alternatives given for each group of sentences, that best fits into the blank in each of the following sentences:
Questions 1 to 3
(a) blow out (b) blow up (c) blow cut up (d) cut out for away
1.Please——– the candle.
2. When a man winnows grain, he lets the chaff ———
3. The army intends to——– the bridge with gunpowder.
Questions 4 to 8
(a) cut down (b) cut up (c) cut off (d) do away
4. He is a——— a sailor
5. He was———- in the prime of his life.
6. You must ———- your expenditure.
7. The news of his son’s death———- him greatly.
8. They——— the old mango tree.
Questions 9 to 13
(a) deal out (b) deal by (c) deal in (d) deal with
9. He——–the cards among the players.
10. This book________ questions on grammar.
11. My father——–. Sugar and allied products.
12. I shall not——– him again.
13. Some officers———well ——— their clerks.
Questions 14 to 19
(a) do with (b)do up (c) do for (d)do away
14. Who will———my room everyday in your absence?
15. This cloth will ——— you______ a wrapper.
16. Having walked twenty miles, he is quite———
17. I am———–
18. We should——— with the dowry practice.
19. There is a pleasure in ——— a debtor which none but a creditor can know.
1.(a): blow out – extinguish by blowing
2. (c): blow away – clear away by the wind
3. (b): blow up – destroy by an explosion
4. (d): cut out for – fitted to be
5. (c): cut off – died
6. (a): cut down – reduce
7. (b): cut up – distressed
8. (a): cut down
9. (c) : dealt out – distributed
10. (a) : deals with – treats
11. (d) : deals in – trades in
12. (a) deal with a deal by – behave with
13. (b): deal out – distribute
14. (c) do up – make tidy
15. (b): do for – serve the purpose of
16. (c) : done up – tired
17. (b): done for – ruined
18. (c) do away with – remove
19. (d) : doing up – making bankrupt