To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the most suitable “one word” for the given expressions.
1. Paying back injury with injury.
(a) Vendetta (b) Repression (c) Subjugation (d) Reprisal
2. Acutely affected by external impressions.
(a) Ingenious (b) Impressionable (c) Credulous (d) Sensitive
3. To slap with a flat object. (Central Excise, 1995)
(a) Hew (b) Swat (c) Chop (d) Gnaw
4. An assembly of hearers.
(a) Audience (b) Crowd (c) Congregation (d) Assemblage
5. An associate in an office or institution.
(a) Companion (b) Ally (c) Colleague (d) Accomplice
6. One who is unrelenting and cannot be moved by entreaties.
(a) Impregnable (b) Infallible (c) Impregnable (d) Inexplicable
7. Regard for others as a principle of action. (Assistant Grade, 1991)
(a) Cynicism (b) Nepotism (c) Philanthropy (d) Altruism
8. A person who claims to have great love for and understanding of what is beautiful in nature, art etc.
(a) Critic (b) Aesthete (c) Connoisseur (d) Artist
9. A disease which spreads by contact.
(a) Infectious (b) Contagious (c) Contiguous (d) Contextual
10. An animal story with a moral.
(a) Fable (b) Tale (c) Anecdote (d) Parable
1.(d) 2. (d)
3. (b) 4. (a)
5. (c) 6. (c)
7. (d) 8. (b)
9. (b) 10. (a)
ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION EXERCISE-7
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the most suitable "one word" for the given expressions.