To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Direction: Choose the most suitable ‘one word’ for the following phrasesl expressions.
1.Plain or self-evident truth.
(a) Proverb (b) Precept (c) Truism (d) Formula
2. The list of courses at a meal or of dishes that can be served in a restaurant.
(a) Agenda (b) Menu (c) Biodata (d) Catalogue
3. Parts of a country behind the coast or a river’s banks. (U.D.C. 1995)
(a) Swamps (b) Archipelago (c) Hinterland (d) Isthmus
4. Printed notice of somebody’s death.
(a) Condolence (b) Calumny (c) Obituary (d) Ouija
5. A room leading into a large room or hall.
(a) Anteroom (b) Lounge (c) Lobby (d) Pantry
6. Just punishment for wrong doing.
(a) Nemesis (b) Purgation (c) Wrath (d) Catharsis
7. A person who has just started learning.
(a) Foreman (b) Accomplice (c) Novice (d) Apprentice
8. A low-area storm with high winds rotating about a centre of low atmospheric pressure. (Assistant Grade, 1993)
(a) Cyclone (b) Tornado (c) Typhoon (d) Hurricane
9. To break off proceedings of a meeting for a time.
(a) Convene (b) Terminate (c) Adjourn (d) Procrastinate
10. A fault that may be forgiven.
(a) Mercenary (b) Venial (c) Pardonable (d) excusable
1.(c) 2. (b)
3. (c) 4. (c)
5. (a) 6. (a)
7. (d) 8. (a)
9. (c) 10. (b)