THE LITTLE GIRL
By- Katherine Mansfield
QUICK REVIEW OF THE CHAPTER
1.To the little girl who was a figure to be feared and avoided
(A) a ghost (b) her father
(C) her mechanical teacher (d) none of these
Ans. (B) her father
2. How did Kezia feel when her father left for the office?
(A) a sense of relief (B) lonely
(C) unhappy (D) depressed
Ans. (A) a sense of relict
3. What thing did Kezia’s father demand when he reached home in the evening?
(A) a cup of tea (B) newspaper
(C) slippers (D) all the options are correct
Ans: (D) all the options are correct
4. Who did the father ask for newspaper and his slippers?
(A) the link girl (B) the little girl’s mother
(C) his own mother (D) none of these
Ans. (C) his own mother
5. What was the name of the little girl?
(A) Margie (B) Kezia
(C) Alice (D) Lucy
Ans. (B) Kezia
6. When did Kezia speak with halts?
(A) while talking to her father (B) while talking to her teacher
(C) while talking to other people (D) while talking to her classmates
Ans. (A) while talking to her father
7. Why did Grandmother send Kezia down to the drawing room on Sunday afternoon?
(A) to give her father and mother tea (B) to have a nice talk with them
(C) to seek their permission to go out for (D) to help them in their household jobs playing
Ans. (B) to have a nice talk with them
8. What did Kezia find her mother always doing?
(A) peeling vegetables (B) watching T.V.
(C) talking to her father (D) all the options are false Ms.
Ans. (D) all the options are false
9. Where did Kezia sit in the drawing room?
(A) on the sofa (B) on a chair
(C) on a stool (D) on a bed
Ans. (C) on a stool
10. What does Kezia’s father compare her to?
(A) a cat (B) a fox
(C) a sparrow (D) an owl Arts.
Ans. (D) an owl
11. Why does the grandmother ask the little girl to go make a present for her father?
(A) the father’s birthday was the next week (B) the father was going to be retired the next week
(C) the father was going to get a big reward (D) all the options are incorrect the next week
Ans. (A) the father’s birthday was the next week
12. What gift did Kezia want to give to her father on his birthday?
(A) a pin-cushion (B) a cigarette lighter
(C) a pen (D) a shirt
Ans. (A) a pin-cushion
13. Where was Kezia’s father to give the great speech?
(A) Parliament (B) State Assembly
(C) Port authority (D) Rail authority
Ans. (C) Port Authority
14. Who tore up father’s great speech?
(A) Kezia’s mother (B) Kezia’s grandmother
(C) Kezia’s brother (D) Kezia
Ans. (B) Kezia’s grandmother
15. Who lived in ‘Kezia’s neighbourhood?
(A) The Macmillan (B) The Macdonalds
(C) The Williams (D) The Georges
Ans. (B) The Macdonalds
16. How many children did Mr Macdonald have?
(A) two (B) three
(C) four (D) -five
Ans. (D) five
17. In Kezia’s view, what type of father was Mr Macdonald?
(A) very cruel (B) very good
(C) very bad (D) she had no opinion about him.
Ans. (B) very good
18. What was the name of the cook in Kezia’s house?
(A) Alice (B) Lucy
(C) Anne (D) Maria
Ans. (A) Alice
19. Kezia had a nightmare about ………..
(A) a fairy (B) her father
(C) a butcher with a knife in his hand (D) a beautiful garden
Ans. (C) a butcher with a knife in his hand
20. Where had Kezia’s grandmother and mother gone one day?
(A) to market (B) to hospital
(C) to the cinema (D) to on a picnic
Ans. (B) to hospital