Describing a person accurately and effectively is an art. Whether it’s for a school assignment or creating characters in your own writing. Writing becomes easy when you get Factual Description of a Person Example. In this page, we’ll provide an example of how to write a compelling and detailed description of a person. We are also giving.
FACTUAL DESCRIPTION (PERSON)
When we write a description of a person we include all important aspects of the person.
- Relationship to writer
- Social status/role/profession
- Appearance (looks; features; clothes; height; health)
- Characteristics of personality—qualities/attitude; way of walking/talking
- Opinion of others about him
- Any other relevant point (could be brought about by narrating an incident)
- Bio Sketch for Class 6
- How to Write a Biographical Sketch
- Biosketch And Biographical Sketch Example For Students
- Biosketch Examples For Class 8 Along With Bio Sketch Questions
- How to Write a Biographical Sketch: A Step-by-Step Guide”
- build—slim, overweight, medium, petite, large, stocky, lanky, hefty, pear-shaped, thin etc. height—tall, short, medium etc.
- Clothes/appearance—elegant, sloppy, well-tailored, ill-fitting, casual, formal, untidy, neat, tidy etc.
- shape of face/expression—angular, bearded, unshaven, friendly, round, oval, square, heart-shaped etc.
- complexion—fair, pale, swarthy etc. eyes—twinkling, protruding, shifty, staring, close-set etc. hair—balding, receding hairline, close-cropped, thick, wavy, curly, plaited, long, neat, thinning etc.
- Nose—broken, sharp, flat, upturned, roman, pointed etc.
- Lips—discoloured, thin, thick etc.
- Teeth—protruding, broken, gapped, discoloured etc. chin—cleft, receding, pointed, square etc.
- Special features—tattoo, scar, mole, stammer, peculiar gesture etc.
Imaginative, creative, intelligent, mediocre talents, uninspired, unimaginative, sharp, boring etc.
Emotional and Moral Qualifies
Trustworthy, honest, confident, warm, sincere, selfish, cruel, insensitive, patient, tolerant, dependable, corrupt, dishonest, irresolute, diffident, detached, deceitful, philanthropic, kind, vulnerable, impatient prejudiced etc.
- Physical appearance
- Good qualities
- Special traits
- Use active ‘passive voice
- Simple present is to be used
- Give concrete examples and anecdotes.
Factual Description of a Person Example
1. Given below are details of an eminent environmentalist. Use the information to form a biographical sketch of Aruna Saxena In 80-100 words.
- Aruna Saxena: Born in 1978 – education – M.A. in Environmental Science
- Achievements: Actively involved in Green Revolution Movement – Won her worldwide recognition -published a collection of poems. ‘Singing Birds’
- Awards: Won the national award for creating environmental awareness
- Other interests: painting, writing poetry
- Positions held: President of Rotary Club of Marwar in 2007, President of the Poetry Club in 2009
Ans. The eminent environmentalist Aruna Saxena was born in 1978. She won worldwide recognition for her active involvement in the Green Revolution Movement. She was honoured with the national award to her contributions towards creating environmental awareness. A postgraduate in Environmental Science. Aruna has a keen interest in writing poetry. This is evident from her collection of poems entitled Singing Birds. Painting is another one of her interests. She has held oral important positions over the years. She was the President of the Rotary Club of Marwar in 2007 and the President of the Poetry Club in 2009
2. Use the notes given below to write a short bio-sketch of Vishwanathan Anand.
- Born on 1 1 the December 1969
- Nickname: Popularly Known as “Vishy”
- First title: The youngest National. Champion at the age of 16
- Education: Holds a degree in commerce
- Hobbies are reading, swimming, listening to music
- Character: A man of discipline, self-centred, clear reasoning and immediate insight.
- Awards and Honours: An Indian chess Grandmaster; former World Chess Champion.; has won the World Chess Championship five times, was the undisputed World Champion from 2007 to 2013.
Ans. Vishwanathan Anand who is popularly known as “Vishy” was born on with December 1969. He was declared as the youngest National Champion at the age of 16. Besides being a graduate in commerce, he is fond of reading, swimming and listening to music. He is a man of discipline and self-esteem. He is known as an Indian Chess Grandmaster.
3. Given below is a profile of Sourav Ganguli. Write a short bio-sketch of him in about 100 words. You may take help from the inputs given below:
- Birth — July 8, 1972, in Kolkata
- Test debut — June 20, 1996, at Lords Century against England
- Test Achievement — 113 Tests, 7212 Runs, 42 Average 16 Centuries, 35 Half-Centuries
- ODI Achievement — 311 matches, 11,363 Runs, Average 4102
- Highest ODI Score — 183 in 158 balls against Sri Lanka in 1999 World Cup.
- Popularly known — Prince of Kolkata
Answer Sourav Ganguli
Sourav Ganguli was born on July 8, 1972, in Kolkata. Ganguli made his Test debut at Lords on June 20, 1996, and struck a fine century in this debut match against England. He played 113 Tests and accumulated 7212 runs with a healthy 42 plus average. He scored 16 centuries and 35 half-centuries in the process. In ODIs, he ranks among the greats with 11363 runs under his belt from 311 matches at an average of 41.02. His highest ODI score came in the biggest stage when he butchered Sri Lanka on a way to a 158–ball 183 at Taunton in the 1999 World Cup. He is popularly known as the ‘Prince of Kolkata’.
4. Write a bio-sketch of Tamil writer-Bama.
Read the biographical details of famous Tamil writer-Bama and write a bio-sketch on the basis of these details
- Bama – Born 1958, creative Tamil. the woman writer committed teacher, social activist -popularly known as Karukku Barna
- Pennaine Faustina Mary Fatima Rani
- Novels –Karukku, Sangati and Vanaman- translated into other Indian languages. English and French
- Wrote twenty short stories – not published in book form
- Honorary doctorate degree – Crossword Award for her semi-fictional autobiography Karukku
- Invited by universities in India and abroad –lecturer at various conferences
- Multi-faceted personality-woman with extraordinary courage. conviction resistance to any form of oppression
- The keen eye for beauty in nature. profound insight into issues pertaining to caste, religion, women • Clear thoughts and expression
- Dedicated to the uplift of the downtrodden: passion-Teaching. Mission –Building a casteless society
Ans. Banta popularly known as Karukku Barna was born in 1958. She is a Tamilian woman writer. a committed teacher and a social activist. She goes by the penname Faustina Mary Fatima Rani. She is a prolific writer. tier novels include Karukku. Sangati and Vanaman which have been translated into other Indian languages, English and French. Moreover, she has written twenty short stories which have not been published in the booking form. She holds an honorary doctorate degree. and has won the Crossword Award for her semi-fictional autobiography Karukku.
She is regularly invited by Indian and foreign universities to lecture at various conferences. She is a multi-faceted personality and is a woman with extraordinary courage. Conviction and resistance to any form of oppression. She has a keen eye for beauty in nature, profound insight into issues pertaining to caste, religion and women. She has a clarity of thoughts and expression. She is dedicated to the up!’ upliftment of the downtrodden is passionate about teaching and her mission is to build a casteless society.
5. Chen below notes on the life of Ustad Rahi Khan. Write a biographical sketch of his in about 100 words.
- Born – March 211. 1926 in Sitapur. U.P.
- His ancestors – Famous musicians
- At the age six – Moved to Varanasi
- Received training – Under Ustad Amir Ali Khan – a sitar player
- Started performing at the age of 14
- Performed in India and abroad
- Awarded Padain Shri in 1967
- Established a music school at Varanasi
- Died – August 21st 2004
Ans. Ustad Rahi Khan was born on 21″ March. 1926 in Sitapur, a town in Uttar Pradesh. His ancestors were famous musicians. At the age of six. He moved to Varanasi. He received training under the sitar player Ustad Amir Ali Khan. I started performing at the early age of fourteen. He performed extensively in India and abroad. He was awarded the Padam Shri in 1967 established a music school in Varanasi. Ile passed away on 21″ August 2001 His life is one of the best examples of Hindu- Muslim unity.
6. On the basis of the given profile, write short bio-sketch of Dr Anand Kumar.
- Dr Anand Kumar: DM, FRCS, Cardiac Surgeon
- Full Name: Anand Kumar Misra
- Father’s Name: Dr A. P. Misra, Cardiac Surgeon
- Presently working as Director, Heart Care Research Institute, Agra
- Achievements: Govt. of India honour-Padma Vibhushan.
- For conducting 200 successful bypass surgeries and four Human heart transplants
Ans. Dr Anand Kumar Misra, a renowned Cardiac Surgeon, is the son of Dr A. P. Misra, a Cardiac Surgeon of world repute. He is presently the director of Heart Care Research Institute, Agra. He has been awarded Padma Vibhushan, India’s greatest honour, for conducting 200 successful bypass surgeries besides four human heart transplant cases, etc.
7. With the help of the given clues, write a bio-sketch of Subhash Chandra Bose in not 80-100 words.
- Name: Subash Chandra Bose; Netaji
- Contribution: immense, Freedom Fighter
- Born: January 23, 1897, in Cuttack, Orissa
- Career: Civil Services
- Achievements: Joined struggle; established Indian National Army
- Motto Give me blood and I will give you the freedom
- Setback: Retreat after the defeat of Japan and Germany
- Death : Air crash over Taipei, Taiwan (Formosa) on August 18, 1945
Ans. Subhash Chandra Bose, affectionately called Netaji, was born on January 23, 1897, in Cuttack, Orissa. He was one of the most prominent leaders of the Indian freedom struggle. Deeply moved by the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, he gave up a promising career in the Civil Service to join the Freedom Movement. He founded the Indian National Army to overthrow the British Empire from India. His famous motto was “Give me blood and I will give you freedom”. However, the defeat of Japan and Germany in the Second World War forced INA to retreat and it could not achieve its objective. Subhash Chandra Bose was reportedly killed in an air crash over Taipei, Taiwan (Formosa) on August 18, 1945.
8. On the basis of the value points given below, write a biographical sketch in about 80 words.
- Name: Pablo Diego Jose Francisco Picasso
- Birth: Born 25 October 1881 Malaga, Spain
- Died: 8 April 1973 (aged 91) Mougins, France
- Nationality: Spanish
- Field: Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Printmaking, Ceramics
- Training: Jose Ruiz y Blasco (father), Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando
- Movement: Cubism
- Works: Its Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907) Guernica (1937) The Weeping Woman (1937)
Pablo Diego Jose Francisco Picasso was born on 25 October 1881 in Malaga, Spain. His fields of expertise are painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking and ceramics. He received training from his father José Ruiz y Blasco and at Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando. He is a proponent of the art movement called Cubism. His most famous works are Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, Guernica and The Weeping Woman. He died on 8 April 1973, aged 91, at Mougins, France.