Describing a person or writing a biographical sketch is not a tough task. Edumantra describes what is bio sketch? Click the Link above and go through bio sketch format as well as bio sketch exercises and have a nice experience of bio sketch writing. Basically earlier there are were bio sketch exercises for class 8 but presently it is a part of class 9 CBSE Syllabus of Language and Literature. Just dive in for how to write a bio sketch and understand the real meaning of bio sketch.
9. Write a bio-sketch of Tamil writer-Bama.
Read the biographical details of famous Tamil writer-Bama and write a bio-sketch on the basis of these details
- Bama – Born 1958, creative Tamil. the woman writer committed teacher, social activist -popularly known as Karukku Barna
- Pennaine Faustina Mary Fatima Rani
- Novels -Karukku, Sangati and Vanaman- translated into other Indian languages. English and French
- Wrote twenty short stories – not published in book form
- Honorary doctorate degree – Crossword Award for her semi-fictional autobiography Karukku
- Invited by universities in India and abroad –lecturer at various conferences
- Multi-faceted personality-woman with extraordinary courage. conviction resistance to any form of oppression
- The keen eye for beauty in nature. profound insight into issues pertaining to caste, religion, women • Clear thoughts and expression
- Dedicated to the uplift of the downtrodden: passion-Teaching. Mission –Building a casteless society
Ans. Banta popularly known as Karukku Barna was born in 1958. She is a Tamilian woman writer. a committed teacher and a social activist. She goes by the penname Faustina Mary Fatima Rani. She is a prolific writer. tier novels include Karukku. Sangati and Vanaman which have been translated into other Indian languages, English and French. Moreover, she has written twenty short stories which have not been published in the booking form. She holds an honorary doctorate degree. and has won the Crossword Award for her semi-fictional autobiography Karukku. She is regularly invited by Indian and foreign universities to lecture at various conferences. She is a multi-faceted personality and is a woman with extraordinary courage. Conviction and resistance to any form of oppression. She has a keen eye for beauty in nature, profound insight into issues pertaining to caste, religion and women. She has a clarity of thoughts and expression. She is dedicated to the up!’ upliftment of the downtrodden is passionate about teaching and her mission is to build a casteless society.