Read the passages given below and answer the questions that follow them:
“Paris Control? Paris Control? Can you hear me?
There was no answer. The radio was dead too. I had no radio, no compass, and I could not see where I was. I was lost in the storm. Then, in the black clouds quite near me, I saw another aeroplane. It had no lights on its wings, but I could see it flying next to me through the storm. I could see the pilot’s face — turned towards me. I was very glad to see another person. He lifted one hand and waved.
“Follow me,” he was saying. “Follow me.”
‘He knows that I am lost,’ I thought. ‘He’s trying to help me.’
He turned his aeroplane slowly to the north, in front of my Dakota, so that it would be easier for me to follow him. I was very happy to go behind the strange aeroplane like an obedient child.
After half an hour the strange black aeroplane was still there in front of me in the clouds. Now there was only enough fuel in the old Dakota’s last tank to fly for five or ten minutes more. I was starting to feel frightened again. But then he started to go down and I followed through the storm.
Suddenly I came out of the clouds and saw two long straight lines of lights in front of me. It was a runway! An airport! I was safe! I turned to look for my friend in the black aeroplane, but the sky was empty. There was nothing there. The black aeroplane was gone. I could not see it anywhere.
I landed and was not sorry to walk away from the old Dakota near the control tower. I went and asked a woman in the control centre where I was and who the other pilot was. I wanted to say ‘Thank you’.
She looked at me very strangely and then laughed.
“Another aeroplane? Up there in this storm? No other aeroplanes were flying tonight. Yours was the only one I could see on the radar.”
Word-Meaning: Frightened—afraid, डरा हुआ
1. Did the narrator receive any answer from ‘Paris Control’?
2. Could he see anything in the storm?
3. Why was the narrator glad to see another person?
4. What did the pilot say to the narrator?
5. What was the pilot trying to do?
6. Why was the narrator frightened again?
7. What did the narrator see when he turned to look for his friend in the black aeroplane?
8. Why was the woman in the control centre surprised?
1.The narrator didn’t receive any answer from ‘Paris Control’ as the radio was dead too.
2. No, he couldn’t see anything in the dark clouds and be totally lost.
3.The narrator was glad to see another pilot as he could receive some help and guidance from him.
4. The pilot asked the narrator to follow him.
5. The pilot was trying to help and show the way to the narrator who was lost among the dark clouds and the storm.
6. The narrator was frightened again as his old aeroplane had fuel enough to last only for five or ten minutes more.
7. When the narrator turned to look for his friend in the black aeroplane he could see nothing in the sky.
8. The narrator was talking about another plane but the radar showed that he was the only plane that flew that night. The talk of the second plane surprised the woman in the control centre.
More Comprehension Pasages:-
This mobile phones essay can also be used as mobile phones paragraph because it focuses on mobile phones uses and abuses. So read about mobile phones advantages and disadvantages. When you learn about cell phone abuse factsyou will stop keeping it close to you. Anyway cell phone use while driving articles are many but read this
This passage describes neem oil benefits telling how neem is best natural mosquito repellent.Neem oil is home made mosquito repellentand can prove to be mosquito repellent remedy. It is recommended to use neem oil as mosquito repellent for home. Make mosquito repellent trap as mosquito killer because mosquito allergy is so dangerous. Make a mosquito control by using this mosquito killer. It is the best mosquito killer sprays which can be used as mosquito protection
This god essay describes god bless you meaning focusing on god helps those who help themselves. If you seek less the lord and want god help me, you have to learn less meaning because god knows.
This passage describes lord meaning. Read and find out what is the real meaning of God.
This healthy body healthy mind speech lays emphasis on a healthy body has a healthy mind and tells you how to maintain a healthy body because healthy body and soul both are required for a good life. Read this passage and make a healthy body healthy mind.
This technology essay is all about technology advantages which has several technology facts including technology meaning. Read to understand technology knowledge and learning and use technology management for your own good.Read and appreciate technology development.
This homework essay describes homework good or bad. Read and set up homework routine. Homework remodeling is one thing which can help you to make homework schedule. Read and get homework tips as well as homework resources.
This Walt Disney story has a lot of Walt Disney facts. Read to know more about Walt Disney
This Essay on kangaroo focuses on kangaroo characteristics. Read this kangaroo essay to know more about a kangaroo.