Describing a person or writing a biographical sketch is not a tough task. Edumantra describes what is bio sketch? Click the Link above and go through bio sketch format as well as bio sketch exercises and have a nice experience of bio sketch writing. Basically earlier there are were bio sketch exercises for class 8 but presently it is a part of class 9 CBSE Syllabus of Language and Literature. Just dive in for how to write a bio sketch and understand the real meaning of bio sketch.
Given below is a profile of Sourav Ganguli. Write a short bio-sketch of him in about 100 words. You may take help from the inputs given below:
Sourav Ganguli—A Famous Cricketer
- Birth — July 8, 1972, in Kolkata
- Test debut — June 20, 1996, at Lords Century against England
- Test Achievement — 113 Tests, 7212 Runs, 42 Average 16 Centuries, 35 Half-Centuries
- ODI Achievement — 311 matches, 11,363 Runs, Average 4102
- Highest ODI Score — 183 in 158 balls against Sri Lanka in 1999 World Cup.
- Popularly known — Prince of Kolkata
Answer Sourav Ganguli
Sourav Ganguli was born on July 8, 1972, in Kolkata. Ganguli made his Test debut at Lords on June 20, 1996, and struck a fine century in this debut match against England. He played 113 Tests and accumulated 7212 runs with a healthy 42 plus average. He scored 16 centuries and 35 half-centuries in the process. In ODIs, he ranks among the greats with 11363 runs under his belt from 311 matches at an average of 41.02. His highest ODI score came in the biggest stage when he butchered Sri Lanka on a way to a 158–ball 183 at Taunton in the 1999 World Cup. He is popularly known as the ‘Prince of Kolkata’.