This page provides you with the Declining Invitation, reply to invitation acceptance, reply email, reply for the invitation, reply message, Reply all. Kindly go through-
Reply for Class 11 & 12 CBSE
Reply (Refusal and Acceptance)
1. A formal reply is like a formal invitation.
2. It is written in the third person.
3. The format will be the same as given in the invitations.
4. No specific reasons are given for refusal. Only expressions like prior commitment, etc. are used.
5. In an acceptance reply, expressions like ‘will be delighted to attend it’ are used.
Informal (Refusal and Acceptance)
1. These are written in the same format as the informal invitation.
2. These are written in the first person.
3. A specific reason for refusal can be given.
Declining Invitation, reply to invitation acceptance, reply email, reply for an invitation, reply message, Reply all.
Sample Reply/ Solved Questions of Reply/ Acceptance/
1. You are Dr Mahesh Tripathi and you have received an invitation from the Director, Health Services, New Delhi to attend a workshop on ‘Child Care’ on 15 May. Many leading practitioners of the state have been invited to grace the occasion. Respond to the invitation.
Ans. 19, XYZ Road
26 April 20XX
I am pleasantly honoured to receive your invitation to attend the workshop on ‘Child Care’. It is a matter of honour to connect with leading practitioners. I hope the workshop would be a great success.
Thank you again for the invite. I will surely come.
Dr Mahesh Tripathi
Sample Reply/ Solved Questions of Reply/ Refusal/ Declining
2. You are Apoorva Jain and you have received an invitation from St. Marks School, Janakpuri, to play a friendly exhibition match at their playground. Respond to this invitation negatively.
Ans. St. Marks School
20 January 20XX
I am really grateful to you for inviting me to play a friendly exhibition match at your playground. I am sorry to say that I will not be able to come as I have some family commitment on that day. I extend my heartiest wishes for the match and I hope you all will enjoy.
3. You are Vivek Dhar. Write a formal acceptance of an invitation to a ‘Musical Nite’ organised by your neighbour, Mr. Iqbal Rasool. Your address is 64, College Road, Bengaluru.
Ans. 64, College Road
20 January 20XX
I am really grateful to you for inviting me to the ‘Musical Nite’ event at your residence. It will be a pleasure for me to enjoy the musical nite. I will surely attend the event and will have a great time with all friends.