The Happy Prince
By- OSCAR WILDE
QUICK REVIEW OF THE CHAPTER
1. Where did the statue of the Happy Prince stand?
(A) in the palace (B) on a tall building
(C) on a tall column (D)) in a park
Ans. (C) on a tall column
2. What was the body of the Happy Prince gilded with?
(A) flowers (B) silver leaves
(C) thin leaves of brass (D) thin leaves of gold
Ans. (D) thin leaves of gold
3. What were his eyes made of?
(A) sapphires (B) ruby
(C) diamond (D) glass
Ans. (A) sapphires
4. Where was the little swallow going
(A) to Egypt (B) to India
(C) to Cylons (D) to Syria
Ans. (A) to Egypt
5. Where did the swallow decide to spend the night
(A) under a chance (B) in a house
(C) in the king’s palace (D) between the feet of the statue
Ans. (D) between the feet of the statue
6. What happened as the little swallow was going to sleep?
(A) a cool breeze blew (B) the clouds thundered
(C) a large drop of water fell on him (D) the statue began to shake
Ans. (C) a large drop of water fell on him
7. How many drops of water fell on the little swallow from the eyes of the Happy Prince?
(A) one (B) two
(C) three (D) four
Ans. (C) three
8. Why was the Happy Prince weeping?
(A) to sec the condition of the (B) to see the sorrows and little swallow town sufferings of the people of his
(C) to sec his ugly body (D) none of these
Ans. (B) to see the sorrows and sufferings of the people of his
9. When the Happy Prince was alive; he did not know what______ was.
(A) joys (B) amusements
(C) tears (D) blessings
Ans. (C) tears
10. What did his courtiers call him when he was alive?
(A) The Happy Prince (B) Maharaja
(C) Yuvraj (D) Lord
Ans. (A) The Happy Prince
11. What was his heart made of?
(A) gold (B) diamond
(C) silver (D) lead
Ans. (D) lead
12. What was the profession of the woman who was sitting in her cottage with prickled hands?
(A) seamstress (B) cake-making
(C) charwoman (D) none of these
Ans. (A) seamstress
13. What was the seamstress’s ailing son asking for?
(A) bread (B) medicines
(C) oranges (D) drinking water
Ans. (C) oranges
14. What does the Happy Prince ask the little swallow to take to the poor lady?
(A) an orange (B) a sapphire
(C) a ruby (D) a bag of coins
Ans. (C) a ruby
15. Which country does the river Nile belong to?
(A) England (B) India
(C) South Africa (D) Egypt
Ans. (D) Egypt
16. Where did the little swallow take the ruby to?
(A) to the palace (B) to the seamstress’ house
(C) to Egypt (D) nowhere
Ans. (B) to the seamstress’ house
17. Where were the white marble angles sculptured?
(A) in the palace (B) near the palace
(C) in the cathedral tower (D) in the seamstress’s house
Ans. (C) in the cathedral tower
18. Why was the boy tossing on the bed?
(A) because of fever (B) because of hunger
(C) because of cold (D) because of thirst
Ans. (A) because of fever
19. When the little swallow returned to the Happy Prince after giving a ruby to the seamstress how was he feeling?
(A) cold (B) painful
(C) dissatisfied and tired (D) warm and happy
Ans. (D) warm and happy
20. What was the trouble to the playwright?
(A) he was sick (B) he was cold and hungry
(C) he was dull and boring (D) he had no work to do
Ans. (B) he was cold and hungry