Reach for the Top is well explained through Reach for the Top Introduction, Message, Theme of Reach for the Top, Title, Characters of Reach for the Top, Reach for the Top Story Summary in English, Summary in Hindi, Word meanings of Reach for the Top chapter, Complete lesson in Hindi Reach for the Top, Extracts in chapter Reach for the Top, Long answers of Reach for the Top, Short answers, Very short Answers, MCQs of Reach for the Topand much more.
REACH FOR THE TOP
By- Santosh Yadav
QUICK REVIEW OF THE CHAPTER
1. In which society was Santosh born?
(A) where the birth of a son was a blessing (B) where the birth of a daughter was a blessing
(C )both (A) and (B) (D) none of the above
Ans. (A) where the birth of a son was a blessing
2. What request did the unborn child’s grandmother make to the holy man?
(A) blessing for a son (B) blessing for money
(C) blessing for milk (D) blessing for a daughter
Ans. ( C) blessing for a daughter
3.Santosh has scales Mt Everest ________.
(A) once (B) twice
(C) thrice (D) four times
Ans. (B) twice
4. What is the name of Santosh Yadav’s village?
(A) Joniyawas (B) Hariyawas
(C) Bariyawas (D) Jenna was
Ans. (A) Joniyawas
5. Which district of Haryana does Santosh belong?
(A) Bhiwani (B) Mahendragarh
(C) Rewari (D) Jhajjar
Ans. (C) Rewari
6. What does `Santosh’ mean?
(A) contentment (B) discontentment
(C) greed (D) Bravery
Ans. (A) contentment
7. Santosh left home to get herself enrolled in :
(A) Rewari (B) Delhi
(C) Gurgaon (D) Faridabad
Ans. (B) Delhi
8.From where did Santosh do her graduation?
(A) Rewari (B) Delhi
(C) Jaipur (D) Mumbai
Ans. (C) Jaipur
9. For what did Santosh train herself in Uttarkashi?
(A) mountaineering (B) acting
(C) swimming (D) skating
Ans. (A) mountaineering
10. Santosh was fully equipped with :
(A) an iron will (B) physical endurance
(C) mental toughness (D) all of the above
Ans. (D) all of the above
11. When did Santosh scale Mt Everest for the first time?
(A) in 1992 (B) in 1993
(C) in 1994 (D) in 1995
Ans. (A) in 1992
12. What shows her concern for the environment?
(A) collecting 500 kilograms of garbage from the Himalayas
(B) climbing mountain
(C) helping other climbers
(D) all of the above
Ans. (A) collecting 500 kilograms of garbage from the Himalayas
13. At what age did Santosh scale Mt Everest for the first time?
(A) eighteen (B) nineteen
(C) twenty (D) twenty one
Ans. (C) twenty
14. What is considered the roof of the world?
(A) sky (B) stars
(C) top of Mt Everest (D) all of the above
Ans. (C) top of Mt. Everest