The poem Rain on the Roof has been well explained through Introduction, Message, Theme, poem Rain on the Roof Title, poem Rain on the Roof Characters, poem Rain on the Roof Summary in English, poem Rain on the Roof Summary in Hindi which seems like Rain on the Rooftop, Word meanings, poem Rain on the Roof Complete lesson in Hindi, poem Rain on the Roof Extracts, Long answers, Short answers, poem Rain on the Roof Very short Answers, poem Rain on the Roof MCQs and much more. Enjoy the Rain on the Roof for free.
RAIN ON THE ROOF
By- Coates Kinney
The rhyme scheme followed in the poem is: abcbdefe
The repetition of the first consonant sound in neighbouring words. Connects the lines and keeps the sonnet flowing.
- When the humid shadows hover (repetition of h sound).
- Overall the starry spheres (repetition of s sound).
- Press the pillow (repetition p sound).
- Cottage chamber bed (repetition c sound).
- Lie listening (repetition l sound).
Imagery is using vivid and expressive language to evoke pictures or feelings.
- Melancholy darkness
- Rainy tears
- Starry spheres
Repetition in poetry is multiple uses of a word, phrase, sound, or stanza.
- Listening to the patter (7), Listen to the patter (15)
- The poet is resting on his bed.
- Suddenly he hears the sound of clouds and quietness all around disappears.
- The rain starts all of a sudden.
- The tin roof of his cottage creates the beautiful sound of raindrops.
- The sound of rain echoes in the heart of the poet and he remembers a good number of things.
- Some of his memories are sweet and some are sad.
- The poet receives the sound of rain as a bliss.
- He remembers his childhood and sweet love received from his mother.