This is the best about In the Kingdom of fools Edumantra has tried to explain it well through in the Kingdom of fools analysis, Introduction of In the Kingdom of fools, Message, Theme, Title, Characters of In the Kingdom of fools, Summary in English, Summary in Hindi, Word meanings, Complete lesson in Hindi In the Kingdom of fools, Extracts of In the Kingdom of fools, Long answers, Short answers, Very short Answers from In the Kingdom of fools, MCQs in the lesson In the Kingdom of foolsand much more.
In The Kingdom of Fools
By- A.K. Ramanujan’s
Very Short Answer Type Questions
1. What things were different in the Kingdom of Fools?
Ans. In the Kingdom of Fools, the people did all their work at night. They slept during the daytime. Everything cost the same there — a single duddu.
2. Why did the guru want to leave this kingdom quickly? Why did the disciple stay on?
Ans. The guru did not think it wise to stay in a kingdom of fools. But the disciple stayed on because everything was cheap there. All he wanted was good, cheap food.
3. What was foolish about the king’s trial of the merchant?
Ans. The merchant’s wall had fallen upon a thief. The thief was killed. So the king ordered to execute the merchant. This judgement of the king was very foolish.
4. Who was finally blamed for the crime and why?
Ans. The rich merchant was blamed. His father had ordered the jewellery. But he was now dead. So the merchant was to be punished in his father’s place.
5. Now justice had come full circle, thought the king. What argument did the merchant come up with? What counter-argument did the king give?
Ans. The merchant argued that his father had ordered the jewellery. Therefore he (merchant) was innocent. The king said that the merchant had inherited the riches as well as the sins of his father.
6. Why was It decided to execute the disciple?
Ans. The rich man was too thin to be executed properly on the stake. A fat man was needed for this. So the disciple was chosen to be executed.
7. How did the kingdom become normal again?
Ans. The people requested the guru and the disciple to be their king and minister. They finally agreed and changed all the old laws. Thus the kingdom became normal again.
8. What did the dancing girl say in her defence?
Ans. The dancing girl said that she had given some gold to the goldsmith to make some jewellery. The goldsmith made many excuses. So she had to walk up and down his house many times
9. How did the guru come to know that his disciple was in trouble?
Ans. The guru had magical powers. He saw in a vision that his disciple was in trouble
10. What did the king and his minister do at night?
Ans. At night, the king and his minister went secretly to the prison. They released the gum and the disciple. They then disguised themselves as the two. Then they got themselves executed.