Knowledge is Power
Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
1. Knowledge is power is the most famous and true proverb said by the famous personality named, Francis Bacon. Knowledge helps to differentiate between human beings and animals. The man has the mind and ability to use the power of knowledge accordingly, that’s why man is called the most powerful and intelligent creature on the earth by nature. Knowledge helps in improving the personality of man. It creates self-confidence and brings lots of patience to do the most difficult tasks in life. We can say godmother to the knowledge because it gives ways to all the discoveries, inventions, and explorations.
2. Knowledge gain is not limited to anything. It can be gained by the person all through the life of any age. Knowledge gain is a long process of dedication, patience and continuity. It is like unlimited money which can never be finished. However, the level of knowledge of a person increases with the distribution among needy people.
3. A person can gain some new knowledge through regular observation and experimentation. Every person takes birth with same quality, mind and power, however when he/she grows develops different quality, mind and power. All differences are just because of the knowledge level of every person. For example, Newton discovered a theory of gravitation and there are many famous scientists who have discovered amazing things in life involving in making life easy and advance on the earth. All have been possible because of the power of knowledge.
4. All the modern technologies discovered in many countries individually have made countries so powerful economically and militarily than other countries, all are based on knowledge. The underlying secret of every success is the power of knowledge which ultimately gives a person name, fame and money. India has also done a lot in the field of science, research, medicine, education, etc.; still developing continuously in various fields to be a powerful country on the basis of knowledge. The progress of human beings or any country completely depends on the growth of knowledge in various fields in positive and constructive ways. Use of knowledge in destructive and negative ways may hugely disturb the life existence on the earth.
5. Francis Bacon has said that knowledge is itself a power, having the ability to change everything. Knowledge gives way to handle a situation, to make the plan, the way to implement a plan and make impossible things possible. If one has complete knowledge, he/she is the luckiest and richest person in the world because knowledge can never be stolen or plundered and does not decrease even when it is given to others. In fact, knowledge is power and we can say that the strongest power in the world is knowledge.
1. On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following question in about 30-40 words each:
(i) How is knowledge power?
(ii) How can you gain knowledge?
(iii) Why is the difference found in human beings?
(iv) What does the passage say about knowledge?
(v) Why is a knowledgeable person the luckiest and richest person in the world?
2. On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following:
(i) Knowledge is the………… of all inventions and explorations.
(a) base (b) way
(c) ability (d) patience
(ii) In pare, 1,…………. is the meaning of endurance.
(a) intelligence (b) patience
(c) nature (d) confidence
(iii) knowledge develops the different……………. of mind in human beings.
(a) power (b) types
(c) quality (d) possibility
(iv) Knowledge has……………… to transform everything.
(a) power (b) skills
(c) technique (d) plan
(v) In para 5, the synonym of the word ‘plunder’ is…………….
(a) steal (b) check
(c) donate (d) rob
1.(i) With the help of knowledge we can make a difference between human beings and animals. Man can use his mind and ability with the power of knowledge develops confidence in human beings and makes them ready to face challenges of life.
(ii) Everybody can gain knowledge. It is not confined to anything. But it takes dedication, patience and continuity of efforts. Once knowledge is gained, it remains ever with us.
(iii) Human beings take birth with the same mind, power and quality. As they grow up they develop different quality, mind and power. Because of the level of knowledge found in human beings, we find differences among them.
(iv) According to the passage, human beings should avoid the destructive use of knowledge. They must know that its negative use can hugely disturb the existence of life on the earth. They must remember that their progress lies in the constructive use of knowledge.
(v) Knowledge is permanent wealth. Nobody can ever steal or plunder it. It is such wealth which never decreases. Instead, it increases when it is given to others. So a knowledgeable person is the luckiest and riches person.
2.(i) (a) base
(ii) (b) patience
(iii) (c) quality
(iv) (a) power
(v) (d) rob
More Comprehension Passages:-
This children essay describes children activities which include children education and children English. Children in India are still not given proper importance so these children literature will help you to understand children learning and children meaning. Go through to know how children playing and children reading both are important factors-