– Following are the reading comprehension worksheets for class 11th in English These comprehension Passages are known by many names as reading comprehension exercises, reading comprehension test, reading Passage, reading skills, reading comprehension, ks2 reading, basic reading skills worksheets. These ENGLISH short stories with questions and answers are printable and absolutely free. The comprehension questions are value based. Edumantra.net guarantees to be the best comprehension resource. Question types include subjective, objective and multiple choice
Read the Passage carefully and answer the following Questions:-
1. India is a country of various cultures, races, languages and religions. It is a land of unity in diversity where people of different lifestyles and manners live together. They belong to different religions, beliefs and faiths in God. In spite of all these diversity, they live together with the bond of humanity and brotherhood. Unity in diversity is the distinct feature of India which makes it famous all around the world.
2. Generally, people in India are following the great old Indian culture of being tolerant and absorbing which make them assimilating in nature. Unity in diversity in almost all aspects of society has become the source of strength and wealth all through the country. People of all religions to worship in different ways by following their own rituals and beliefs which represents the existence of underlying uniformity. Unity in diversities promotes a spirit of harmony and brotherhood among people beyond their considerations of various diversities.
3. India is famous for its rich cultural heritages which are because of people of various religions. People belonging to various cultures give rise to the various lifestyles on the basis of their interest and belief. It again gives rise to the growth in various professional areas like music, fine arts, drama, dance (classical, folk, etc.),
4. Hindi is a mother language in India. However, many other dialects and languages are spoken by the people of different religions and regions such as English, Urdu, Sanskrit, Bhojpuri, Bihari, Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Udiya, Gujarati, Kashmiri, etc. However, everyone feels proud to be a citizen of great India.
5. Unity in diversity of India is especially for which it is well known all over the world. It attracts tourism in India to a great level. As being an Indian, we all should understand our responsibility and try to retain its unique feature at any cost. Unity in diversity here is the real prosperity and the way to progress in the present and future.
1. On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following questions in about 30-40 words each:
(i) How is India an example of unity in diversity?
(ii) Why is the old Indian culture great?
(iii) How is India benefited from its rich cultural heritage?
(iv) How are other dialect and languages affected by Hindi in India?
(v) As a citizen what can you do for the country?
2.On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following:
(i) In para 3, the synonym of ‘old culture/tradition’ is…………..
(a) lifestyles (b) classical
(c) heritage (d) sculpture
(ii) In India, people are tied together with a bond of…………..
(a) religion (b) brotherhood hut
(c) races (d) beliefs
(iii) Indian people take……………… from scriptures.
(a) spiritual (b) piety
(c) wisdom (d) interest
(iv) ‘Unity in diversity’ ……………….. tourism in India.
(a) checks (b) suplies
(c) moves (d) influences
(v) In para 2,……………. is the meaning of similarity.
(a) uniformity (b) diversity
(c) harmony (d) spirit
1 (i) India is the home of people observing different religions. They do have different manners and lifestyles but they live bonded together with a thread of humanity and brotherhood.
(ii) The old Indian culture teaches people to be tolerant and absorbing. The quality of our culture is the source of our real strength. At the same time, it shows our underlying uniformity.
(iii) Our rich cultural heritage is made of various religions. They give rise to the different lifestyles as people have differences in their belief and interest.
(iv) Hindi is the main language in India. The people speak various other dialects and languages in the other parts of India. Still they are proud of India.
(v) We should know our responsibility. We have to maintain the unique feature of our country. We should not forget that unity in diversity is our real asset.
2.(i) (c) heritage
(ii) (b) brotherhood
(iv) (d) influences
(v) (a) uniformity