Following are the reading comprehension worksheets for class 11th in English These comprehension Passages are known by many names as reading comprehension exercises, reading comprehension test, reading Passage, reading skills, reading comprehension, ks2 reading, basic reading skills worksheets. These ENGLISH short stories with questions and answers are printable and absolutely free. The comprehension questions are value based. Edumantra.net guarantees to be the best comprehension resource. Question types include subjective, objective and multiple choice
Read the Passage carefully and answer the following Questions:-
1. Eating out usually has excessive calories, fat, salt and sugar. Those who eat out frequently need to be careful, but an occasional splurge at a restaurant won’t hurt. Here are a few tips that will help one maintain your health while not taking away from the fun of eating out: Do not eat white bread. Always ask for whole wheat bread, avoid corn soups, cream, and white sauce-based soups, request for the sauces, salad dressing and cheese to be served. Avoid deep fried items and desserts.
2. It would also be a good idea to have non-vegetarian items only when grilled, baked or steamed. Such items with vegetables is also a healthy idea. For vegetarians, lightly sautéed baby corn, mushrooms, beans sprouts, steamed rice or noodles would be apt. If you are visiting a Chinese restaurant, Chinese greens would be a good dish to order. A salad with olive oil and vinegar as the dressing is healthy and light. When a sizzler joint, ask for a fish or chicken sizzler minus the sauce and French fries. The vegetables served alongside these are just fine. Clear vegetable or chicken soup without any white or corn sauces are also healthy.
3. In an Indian restaurant, you could ask for a tandoori roti with spinach and mushroom dish or lentils. Skip extra butter. Eating out at people’s home can also be simple. You need not to feel awkward about letting your hosts know in advance about your food preferences.
4. When travelling for days at a stretch, you just have to observe three basic rules: Avoid flour-based foods such as rumali, roti, naan and white bread; avoid fried foods; avoid sugar in all forms.
5. Choose fruits for breakfast or have milk with cereal. For lunch, opt for salads such as sprouts salad. You could order a soup along with this. You can also have steamed idlisWithsambar. Between lunch and dinner have some fruits instead of the snack. For dinner, it would be a good idea to order steamed or grilled chicken or fish with tandoor roti and some vegetable. Vegetarian can have tandoori roti and mixed vegetable.
6. If you are thinking about doing all this is going to be a pain, you are probably right. But you have to follow these steps only if you are a frequent traveller or if you dine out frequently. As you learn to change your tastes and appreciate healthy food, you will start being healthier too.
1. On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following questions in about 30-40 words each:
(i) What is the result of eating out?
(ii) What kind of non-vegetarian food is advised by the author while eating out? Why?
(iii) Why does the author suggest some of the item common to eating out and travelling?
(iv) Which dinner is suggested for vegetarians?
(v) What is the author’s suggestion when you dine in the Indian restaurant?
2.On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following:
(i) While eating outside we should often avoid …………food.
(a) sweets (b) ice-cream
(c) fried (d) deep fried
(ii) In para 1, the noun form of `occasional’ is …………..
(a) occasioned (b) occasioning
(c) occasion (d) occasioning
(iii) According to the author, we should prefer………… between lunch and dinner.
(a) banana (b) deserts
(c) snacks (d) fruits
(iv) In para 5, the synonym of `cereal’ is ……………
(a) vegetable (b) tomato
(c) potato (d) grain
(v) After reading the passage we have learnt to…………. healthy food.
(a) cook (b) cancel
(c) praise (d) taste
1.(i) Eating out leads to excessive calories, fat, sugar, salt and unhealthy lifestyle.
(ii) According to the author, while eating out we should prefer non-vegetarian items only. It is a way to avoid excessive calories, fat, salt, sugar while eating out.
(iii) Because they do not cause trouble to the stomach and keep the body detoxified.
(iv) Vegetarians are suggested to have tandoori roti and mixed vegetable for dinner.
(v) According to the author in the Indian restaurant, we should order for tandoori roti with spinach and mushroom dish. While eating at such places, we should avoid extra butter.
2.(i) (d) deep fried
(ii) (c) occasion
(iii) (d) fruits
(iv) (d) grain
(v) (c) praise