If you are searching what is passive voice, active voice and passive voice examples, action verbs, active and passive voice rules
VERBS FOLLOWED BY A PREPOSITION
If a verb is followed by a Preposition in the Active Voice. the Preposition is retained in the Passive Voice.
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|1. They laughed at the blind man.|
2. We thought over the problem.
3. He will leak into the matter.
4. She acceded to my request.
5. A car ran over a child.
|The blind man was laughed at by them.|
The problem was thought over by us.
The matter will looked into by him.
My request was acceded to by her.
A child was run over by a car.
Change the voice of the verbs in the following sentences:
- We long for peace.
- I am listening to you.
- She objected to my proposal.
- The hunter aimed at the bird.
- She did not speak to me.
- He acted upon my advice.
- She agreed to my request.
- Call in the doctor.
- lie is knocking at the door.
- Beware of the pick pockets.