Describing a person or writing a biographical sketch is not a tough task. Edumantra describes what is bio sketch? Click the Link above and go through bio sketch format as well as bio sketch exercises and have a nice experience of bio sketch writing. Basically earlier there are were bio sketch exercises for class 8 but presently it is a part of class 9 CBSE Syllabus of Language and Literature. Just dive in for how to write a bio sketch and understand the real meaning of bio sketch.
Use the following information and write a short bio-sketch of Mother Teresa.
- Birth — 27 August 1910 of Albanian parents in Skopje
- Real Name — Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu
- 1928 — the Joined convent in Ireland; 18 years old
- 1929 — Sent to Darjeeling, India
- 1931 — Began teaching at Kolkata Girls’ School
- 1948 — Left teaching to work among the poor in slums of Kolkata
- 1950-1996 — Worked for the downtrodden and sick destitute
- 1979 — Awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- Death — 5 September 1997
Answer Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa was born on 27 August 1910 of Albanian parents in Skopje. Her real name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. She joined a convent in Ireland in 1928. When she was only 18 years old she was sent to Darjeeling. Here she began teaching in Kolkata Girls’ School. Later she left teaching to work among the poor in slums. From 1948 she started working for the downtrodden and sick destitute. She worked selflessly for them. For her sincere, dedicated and selfless work, she was awarded Nobel Prize for peace in 1979. She left for her heavenly abode on 5 September 1997.