To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the most suitable ‘one word for the given expression
1.One who comes from a country area and is often considered to be stupid.
(a) Villager (b) Rustic (c) Bumpkin (d) Philanderer
2. Murder of a new-born child. (M.B.A. 1992)
(a) Homicide (b) Regicide (c) Fratricide (d) Infanticide
3. Walk in a vain, self-important way.
(a) Jog (b) Trek (c) Trudge (d) Strut
4. The place which provides both board and lodging.
(a) Cafe (b) Inn (c) Restaurant (d) Motel
5. Clumsy or ill-bred fellow.
(a) Boor (b) Oaf (c) Lout (d) Yokel
6. A small shop that sells fashionable clothes, cosmetics etc.
(a) Booth (b) Stall (c) Boutique (d) Store
7. The thing that can be felt or touched. (B.S.R.B. 1995)
(a) Pandemic (b) Palpable (c) Paltry (d) Panchromatic
8. A person who readily believes others.
(a) Credible (b) Credulous (c) Sensible (d) Sensitive
9. A book containing summarized information on all branches of knowledge.
(a) Dictionary (b) Anthology (c) Encyclopedia (d) Directory
10.The normal abode of any animal or plant.
(a) Environment (b) Habitat (c) Settlement (d) Niche
1.(c) 2. (d)
3. (d) 4. (b)
5. (a) 6. (c)
7. (b) 8. (b)
9. (d) 10. (b)
ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION EXERCISE-41
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the most suitable 'one word for the given expression