To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as a one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Direction: In each of the following questions, choose the word which can be substituted for the given phrase sentence.
1.An old unmarried woman.
(a) Virgin (b) Bachelor (c) Spinster (d) Matron
2. A style in which a writer makes a display of his knowledge. (Central Excise, 1995)
(a) Pedantic (b) Ornate (c) Verbose (d) Pompous
3. A person is guilty of malicious setting on fire of property etc.
(a) Plagiarist (b) Anarchist (c) Arsonist (d) Incendiaries
4. One who thinks that human nature is essentially evil. (Translators’ Exam, 1994)
(a) Agnostic (b) Cynic (c) Sceptic (d) Misogynist
5. Science of bodily structure.
(a) Anthropology (b) Neurology (c) Hygiene (d) Anatomy
6. That which makes it difficult to recognize the presence of the real nature of somebody or something. (C.B.I. 1993)
(a)Cover (b) Mask (c) Pretence (d) Camouflage
7. A person who lives by himself.
(a) Venerable (b) Sage (c) Quietus (d) Recluse
8. A written declaration made on oath in the presence of a magistrate.
(a) Voucher (b) Dossier (c) Affidavit (d) Document
9. A physician who delivers babies.
(a) Paediatrician (b) Obstetrician (c) Gynaecologist (d) Psychiatrist
10. The loop of rope with a running knot used to hang a person.
(a) Noose (b) Cable (c) Cord (d) Chord
1.(c) 2. (a)
3. (c) 4. (b)
5. (d) 6. (d)
7. (d) 8. (c)
9. (c) 10. (a)