To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, find out which one of the words given below the sentence can most appropriately replace the group of words italicized in the sentence.
1. The complete eradication of poverty is an unreal and visionary ideal.
(a) meditative (b) fantastic (c) chimerical (d) contemplative
2. The caretaker of a public building needs to a vigilant an honest person.
(a) custodian (b) curator (c) watchman (d) dean
3. Careful preservation and protection of wildlife is the need of the hour.
(a) Embankment (b) Promotion (c) Conservation (d) Management
4. Both Buddha and mahavira lived at the same time. (Bank P.O.1992)
(a) Simultaneous (b) contemporary (c) coincident (d) synchronised
5. This Process is a long one as it involves too much official formality.
(a)diplomacy (b) bureaucracy (c) nepotism (d) red-tapism
6. Those who pass through this gate without permission town will be prosecuted.
(a) Bypassers (b) Culprits (c) Absconders (d) Trespassers
7. The officer was not willing to take a definite stand on that point. (R.B.I. 1990)
(a) vague (b) evasive (c) ambiguous (d) complex
8. The shelter for cow ought to be clean and well ventilated.
(a) hutch (b) byre (c) hangar (d) kennel
9. The servant had not even left the place when a sudden rush of wind blew away the clothes which he had just dried.
(a) breeze (b) storm (c) gale (d) gust
10. I find that your views are not to my liking.
(a) abhorrent (b) irritating (c) painful (d) revolting
1.(c) 2. (a)
3. (c) 4. (b)
5. (d) 6. (d)
7. (b) 8. (b)
9. (d) 10. (b)