To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, find out which one of the words given below the sentence can most appropriately replace the group of words italicized in the sentence.
1. Ravi impressed everyone with his persuasive and fluent speech. (R.B.I. 1990)
(a) discourse (b) expression (c) eloquence (d) lecture
2. Loud talk or speech is never impressive.
(a) Magniloquence (b) Harangue (c) Erudition (d) Malevolence
3. No theorem can be proved without using the statements which are taken for granted.
(a) maxims (b) tenets (c) postulates (d) stipulation
4. The bus has to go back and forth every six hours.
(a) travel (b) run (c) cross (d) shuttle
5. The Committee insisted on a total check on all social evils he was the one who heralded the revolution.
(a)harbinger (b)apostate (c) renegade (d) apostle
6. During the Sultanate rule in India, men were not allowed to enter the women’s part of dwelling.
(a) wardrobe (b) pantry (c) harem (d) anteroom
7. You are requested to send a list of goods sent, with their prices along with the parcel so that the payment can be done immediately.
(a) agenda (b) invoice (c) catalogue (d) inventory
8. It is a custom of Christianity to sing Morning Prayer in the church regularly.
(a) epilogue (b) matin (c) epitaph (d) vesper
9. Not many people were impressed by a speech delivered without previous preparation.
(a) epilogue (b) prologue (c) soliloquy (d) extempore
10. A man can be sentenced to death for killing another human being.
(a) fratricide (b) regicide (c) homicide (d) genocide
1.(c) 2. (b)
3. (c) 4. (d)
5. (a) 6. (c)
7. (b) 8. (b)
9. (d) 10. (c)