To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, find out which one of the words given below the sentence can most appropriately replace the group of words italicized in the sentence.
1. We are looking forward to a good winter this year. (Bank P.O. 1992)
(a) encouraging (b) getting (c) hoping (d) predicting
2. The automobile has tended to destroy without any trace the difference between rural and urban life.
(a) cancel (b) negate (c) obliterate (d) nullify
3. The virus is a biological entity which lives on another organism.
(a) dependant (b) parasite (c) symbiotic (d) plebiscite
4. The discovery of the instrument with lenses for making very small objects appear larger widened our scope of knowledge.
(a) telescope (b) binoculars (c) microscope (d) bioscope
5. We should always be grateful to one who has suffered for a great cause.
(a) fanatic (b) martyr (c) devotee (d) patriot
6. Study of the environment is a newly evolving branch of science.
(a) Geography (b) Ethnology (c) Geology (d) Ecology
7. Rajesh was a hater of learning and knowledge. (M.B.A. 1994)
(a) misogynist (b) mysologist (c) misanthropist (d) bibliophile
8. He is working in return for being taught the trade.
(a) disciple (b) pupil (c) apprentice (d) sobriquet
9. Submarines operate below the surface of the seas.
(a) superfluous (b) surreptitious (c) perspicacious (d) subterranean
10. Tuberculosis is a disease which spreads by contact.
(a) infectious (b) contiguous (c) fatal (d) contagious
1.(c) 2. (c)
3. (b) 4. (c)
5. (b) 6. (d)
7. (b) 8. (c)
9. (d) 10. (d)