To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the sentence of the given word.
1.Part-song for several voices without instrumental accompaniment.
(a) Ballad (b) Madrigal (c) Panegyric (d) Limerick
2. A person who is the property of another and bound to serve him.
(a) Bondsman (b) Slave (c) Servant (d) Subordinate
3. A perception without objective reality.
(a) Allusion (b) Illusion (c) Dyspepsia (d) Hallucination
4. One who possesses many talents? (Asstt. Grade, 1996)
(a) Versatile (b) Gifted (c) Exceptional (d) Nubile
5. A person who studies the formation of the earth.
(a) Meteorologist (b) Anthropologist (c) Geologist (d) Seismologist
6. A tube filled at one end with mirrors and pieces of coloured glass which shows many coloured patterns when turned.
(a) Kaleidoscope (b) Periscope (c) Microscope (d) Gyroscope
7. The word for word reproduction. (Stenographer’s Exam, 1993)
(a) Copying (b) Mugging (c) Verbatim (d) Photostat
8. A person who collects coins.
(a) Philatelist (b) Numismatist (c) Narcissist (d) Fatalist
9. The open rebellion of soldiers and sailors against lawful authority.
(a) Revolt (b) Revolution (c) Mutiny (d) Anarchy
10. A school for infants and young children.
(a) School (b) Nursery (c) Infantile (d) Kindergarten
1.(b) 2. (b)
3. (d) 4. (a)
5. (c) 6. (a)
7. (c) 8. (b)
9. (c) 10. (d)