To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the most suitable ‘one for the given expression
1. To talk without respect to something sacred or holy. (Stenographers’ Exam, 1993)
(a) Blasphemy (b) Obscenity (c) Rudeness (d) Vulgarity
2. A person who lives alone and avoids other people.
(a) Ascetic (b) Recluse (c) Unsocial (d) Agnostic
3. Explicit undertaking to do something.
(a) Agreement (b) Decision (c) Settlement (d) Promise
4. Murder of a king. (Bank P.O. 1995)
(a) Matricide (b) Genocide (c) Regicide (d) Homicide
5. To surround with armed force.
(a) Seize (b) Attack (c) forces (d) Cease
6. A person who wishes to throw over all establishments.
(a) Rebel (b)Anarchist (c) Terrorist (d)Hooligan
7. A dramatic performance. (Central Excise, 1996)
(a) Mask (b) Mosque (c) Masque (d) Mascot
8. A seat on elephant’s back.
(a) Saddle (b) Howdah (c) Lounge (d) dismal
9. An expression of mild disapproval. (Stenographers’ Exam, 1996)
(a) Reproof (b) Impertinence (c) Warning (d) Denigration
10. Forcing out (blood, etc.) from its vessel.
(a) Extrapolate (b) Extravagate (c) Exuberate (d) Extricate
1.(a) 2. (b)
3. (d) 4. (c)
5. (d) 6. (b)
7. (c) 8. (b)
9. (a) 10. (b)