To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words’ sentence.
1.A house for storing grains. (C.B.I. 1994)
(a) Cellar (b) Store (c) Godown (d) Granary
2. A person very hard to please.
(a) Obstinate (b) Unconquerable (c) Fastidious (d) Invincible
3. A person claiming to be superior in culture and intellect to others.
(a) Intellectual (b) Aristocrat (c) Elite (d) Highbrow
4. One who totally abstains from alcoholic drinks?
(a) Puritan (b) Samaritan (c) Pedant (d) Teetotaler
5. A name adopted by an author in his writings. (Asstt. Grade, 1994)
(a) Title (b) Nomenclature (c) Nickname (d) Pseudonym
6. The line which a plough cuts in the ground.
(a) Vale (b) Trench (c) Furrow (d) Trough
7. A man who pays too much attention to his clothes and personal appearance.
(a) Snob (b) Duffer (c) Dandy (d) Licentious
8. A person who forsakes religion.
(a) Charlatan (b) Apostle (c) Renegade (d) Apotheosis
9. Of unknown and unedited authorship. (Railways, 1991)
(a) Gullible (b) Anonymous (c) Unanimous (d) Vexation
10. Contempt of God.
(a) Atheism (b) Nihilism (c) Blasphemy (d) Agnosticism
3. (d) 4. (d)
5. (d) 6. (c)
7. (c) 8. (c)
9. (b) 10. (c)