To learn English language one-word substitution dictionary is very helpful. Here we are providing one-word substitution pdf download. It can act as one-word names for companies. There are many words which are one word to describe yourself. Find these one word online that act as the one-word game and appreciate Edumantra.net
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words’ sentence.
1.A person who speaks for or supports an idea.
(a) Pioneer (b) Adviser (c) Advocate (d) Ideologist
2. A man of odd habits. (Stenographers’ Exam, 1993)
(a) Eccentric (b) Cynical (c) Introvert (d) Moody
3. A thing or person behind time.
(a) Lazy (b) Sluggish (c) Indolent (d) Antiquated
4. One whose attitude is to eat, drink and be merry’.
(a) Epicurean (b) Cynic (c) Materialistic (d) Stoic
5. Science of printing.
(a) Calligraphy (b) Typography (c) Topography (d) Cryptography
6. A man whose wife has been unfaithful to him?
(a) Dandy (b) Bastard (c) Concubine (d) Cuckold
7. Deriving pleasure from inflicting pain on others. (Section Officers’ Exam, 1993)
(a) Sadism (b) Malevolence (c) Bigotry (d) Masochism
8. One who robs smuggler of his smuggled goods after the border has been crossed.
(a) Pirate (b) Malefactor (c) Hijacker (d) Philanderer
9. Course for chariot races.
(a) Sanatorium (b) Hangar (c) Hippodrome (d) Arena
10. One who pretends illness to escape duty?
(a) Truant (b) Malingerer (c) Hypocrite (d) Concubine
1.(c) 2. (a)
3. (d) 4. (a)
5. (b) 6. (d)
7. (a) 8. (c)
9. (c) 10. (b)
ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION EXERCISE-11
Directions: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words sentence.