WEATHERING THE STORM IN ERSAMA
By– Harsh Mander
QUICK REVIEW OF THE CHAPTER
1. The heavy cyclone hit Orissa in
(A) 1998 (B) 1999
(C) 2000 (D) 2001
Ans. (B) 1999
2. Where was Prashant when the cyclone hit his village?
(A) at the block headquarter about 18 k.ms from his village
(B) in his village
(C) in another stage
(D) none of the above
Ans. (A) at the block headquarter about 18 k.ms from his village
3. How did Prashant reach his village?
(A) travelling on foot (B) swimming through water
(C) both (A) and (B) (D) none of the above
Ans. (C) both (A) and (B)
4. What did Prashant see in the flood water floating?
(A) dead bodies of men, women and children (B) carcasses of dogs, goats and cattle
(C) household possessions (D) all of the above
Ans. (D) all of the above
5. How much distance was covered by Prashant through flood water?
(A) Eighteen kilometres (B) Eighty kilometres
(C) Hundred kilometres (D) Two hundred kilometres
Ans. (A) Eighteen kilometres
6. The name of Prashant’s village is
(A) kalikuda (B) ersama
(C) palikuda (D) none of the above
Ans. (A) kalikuda
7. Could Prashant meet his family when he reached his village?
(A) Yes (B) No
(C) Maybe (D) May not be
Ans. (B) No
8. How long did it rain continuously in Ersama?
(A) for 24 hours (B) for 36 hours
(C) for 48 hours (D) none of the above
Ans. (B) for 36 hours
9. What calamity hit Orissa?
(A) cyclone (B) earthquake
(C) drought (D) land sliding
Ans. (A) cyclone