The Snake Trying is a great chapter it includes the joy of The Snake Poem. It is well explained by Edumantra including Introduction of The Snake Trying, Message in the chapter The Snake Trying, Theme, Title, Characters of the lesson The Snake Trying, Summary in English, Summary in Hindi, Word meanings, Complete lesson in Hindi, Extracts in the chapter The Snake Trying, Long answers given in the chapter The Snake Trying, Short answers, Very short Answers, MCQs and important part in the chapter The Snake Trying and much more.
THE SNAKE TRYING
By– W.W.E. Ross
QUICK REVIEW OF THE POEM
1. What is our opinion about most of the snakes?
(A) fearsome symbols of death (B) faithful friends
(C) loyal to the human being (D) not harmful to us
Ans. (A) fearsome symbols of death
2. In the poet’s views, the snakes are
(A) harmful to us (B) not harmful to us
(C) enemy to us (D) all of the above
Ans. (B) not harmful to us
3. What is the snake trying to escape?
(A) stone (B) bullet
(C) mud (D) stick
Ans. (D) stick
4. The snake has a _____.
(A) thin long body (B) thick small body
(C) huge body (D) all of the above
Ans. (A) thin long body
5. How does the poet describe the shapes of the snake’s body?
(A) graceful (B) beautiful
(C) ugly (D) both (A) and (B)
Ans. (D) both (A) and (B)
6. What does the snake glide through?
(A) mud (B)ice
(C) water (D) all of the above
Ans. (C) water
7.Of what colour snake is the poet talking about?
(A) red (B) white
(C) green, (D) black
Ans. (C ) green
8. Who is the Snake harmful too?
(A) men, (B) Women
(C) children (D) none of the above
Ans. (D) none of the above
9. What Is the nature of the green snake who is trying to escape?
(A) harmless (B) furious
(C) harmful (D) annoyed
Ans. (A) harmless
10. Where did the snake lie until observed?
(A) in a tree (B) on the water
(C) on the sand (D) in the mud
Ans. (C) on the sand
11. Where does the snake vanish?
(A) in the water (B) in the reeds
(C) in a house (D) none of the above
Ans. (B) in the reeds
12. Who chased the snake?
(A) man (B) Mongoose
(C) crocodile (D) eagle
Ans. (A) man
13. What does the poet wish for the snake?
(A) killed (B) escape unhurt
(C) caught (D) all of the above
Ans. (B) escape unhurt
14. Who is the poet of the poem ‘The Snake Trying’?
(A) Edward Lear (B) W.W.E. Ross
(C) Gieve Patel (D) William Wordsworth
Ans. (B) W.W.E. Ross
Want to Read More Check Below:-