The Lost Child
By- Mulk Raj Anand
QUICK REVIEW OF THE CHAPTER
1.Which festival does the child visit with his parents?
(A) Dussehra festival (B) Diwali festival
(C) Spring festival (D) festival
Ans. (C) Spring festival
2. Who else was with the boy when he was going to the fair?
(A) his friends (b) his class teacher
(C) his parents (D) his cider brother
Ans. (C) his parents
3. What thing attracted the boy first of all when he entered the fair?
(A) toys (B) jalebi’s
(C) kite (D) flowers
Ans. (A) toys
4. When did the father look at the boy with red-eyes?
(A) at the demand of flowers (B) at the demand of sweets
(C) at the demand of a ride in a see-saw (D) at the demand of toys
Ans. (D) at the demand of toys
5. They passed through a field full of flowers.
(A) run (B) mustard
(C) rose (D) marigold
Ans. (B) mustard
6. What did the little boy try to catch while passing through the field?
(A) the dragonflies (B) sparrows
(C) a kite (D) none of these
Ans. (A)-the dragonflies
7. How was the boy feeling while going to the fair?
(A) sad (B) unhappy
(C) gay (D) dissatisfied
Ans. (C) gay
8. What happened when the child entered the grove?
(A) he struck against a tree (B) a shower of flowers fell on him
(C) he got a mango fruit (D) he saw many beehives in the garden
Ans. (B) a shower of flowers fell on him
9. What was the child’s, favourite sweet?
(A) gulab-jamun (B) rasagulla
(C) jalebi (D) burfl
Ans. (D) burfi
10. What was the flower-hawker selling?
(A) a garland of gulmohur (B) a garland of roses
(C) a garland of champaks (d) a garland of marigold
Ans. (A) a garland of gulmohur
11. For what the boy made a bold request?
(A) buying balloons (B) buying a garland of gulmohur
(C) buying flutes (D) going on the roundabout
Ans. (D) going on the roundabout
12. Why did a full, deep cry rise within his dry throat?
(A) his parents refused him going (B) his father slapped him on the roundabout
(C) he had lost his parents (D) he stumbled onto the ground
Ans. (C) he had lost his parents
13. Of what colour clothes were the people wearing in the spring fair?
(A) red (B) yellow
(C) green (D) blue
Ans. (B) yellow
14. Why did the boy run through people’s legs?
(A) he was enjoying the crowd (B ) he was searching for his parents
(C) he was trying to catch his younger sister (D) ) he was playing a game
Ans. (B) he was searching for his parents
15. Where was the thickest crowd in the fair?
(A) near the temple (B) near the roundabout
(C) near the sweet shop (D) near the snake charmer
Ans. (A) near the temple
16. Who lifted the child in his arms?
(A) a man (B) the boy’s father
(C) the boy’s mother (D) the boy’s elder brother
Ans. (A) a man
17. The man asked the boy which things he wanted from the fair? The boy answered …………..
(A) I want my father and mother (B) I want a ride in the roundabout
(C) I want burfi (D) I want balloons
Ans. (A) I want my father and mother
18. What was the snake doing?
(A) running here and there (B) swaying onto the flute
(C) hissing and spating furiously (D) none of these options
Ans. (B) swaying onto the flute
19. The man asked the boy to listen to the sweet music of the flute of the snake charmer. What did the boy do?
(A) he enjoyed listening to the music (B) he ran away from there
(C) he shut his ears with his finger (D) he himself started playing the flute
Ans. (C) he shut his ears with his finger
20. Where did the man take the boy to?
(A) the sweet shop (B) the balloon seller
(C) the snake charmer (D) all the options are correct
Ans. (D) all the options are correct