The Lake Isle of Innisfree Yeats has been well explained by Edumantra which includes Introduction, Message, Theme, Title, Characters, The Lake Isle of InnisfreeSummaryin English, Summary in Hindi, Word meanings, The Lake Isle of Innisfree analysis complete lesson in Hindi, Extracts , Long answers, Short answers, Very short Answers, MCQs and much more.
THE LAKE ISLE OF INNISFREE
By- W.B. Yeats
[QUICK REVIEW OF THE POEM ]
1. What kind of land is Innisfree?
(A) stormy and dusty (B) peaceful and loving
(C) very hot and humid (D) unfit for human habitation
Ans. (B) peaceful and loving
2. Who else will live on Innisfree with the poet?
(A) his mother (B) his father
(C) his friends (D) he will live alone
Ans. (D) he will live alone
3. What thing will the poet not do on the Innisfree land?
(A) build a restaurant (B) build a small cabin
(C) plant nine bean rows (D) build a hive for the honeybee
Ans. (A) build a restaurant
4. With what will the poet make his house?
(A) bricks and cement (B) clay and wattles
(C) bamboo (D) wooden slates
Ans. (B) clay and wattles
5. Where will the poet have peace?
(A) in his home (B) in heaven
(C) in Innisfree land (D) in a lake
Ans. (C) in Innisfree land
6. When do the crickets sing?
(A) in the morning (B) in the evening
(C) in the rainy season (D) they never sing
Ans. (A) in the morning
7. What does the poet see in Innisfree land?
(A) glimmering midnight (B) purple noon
(C) the evening full of linnet’s wings (D) all the options are correct
Ans. (D) all the options are correct
8. How long the poet will live at the Lake Isle of Innisfree?
(A) forever (B) for a night and day
(C) for two days (D) none of these options
Ans. (A) forever
9. What does the poet hear at Innisfree Island?
(A) the sound of raindrops (B) the noise of the wind
(C) the lapping low sounds of the (D) none of these three options lake water
Ans. (C) the lapping low sounds of the lake water
10. How does the poet find Innisfree Island?
(A) simple, natural place (B) full of beauty
(C) full of peace (D) all options are correct
Ans. (D) all options are correct
11. Select the name of the poet of the poem ‘The Lake Isle of Innisfree’.
(A) Robert Frost (B) Subramania Bharati
(D) W.B. Yeats (C) Coates Kinney
Ans. (D) W.B. Yeats