Direct and Indirect Speech sentences are really very helpful to learn English but how to teach direct and indirect speech is a big art and this can be done through direct indirect speech rules and narration rules so we are providing a direct and indirect speech rules chart and some reported speech worksheet and direct indirect speech examples and finally direct and indirect speech quiz which will help you change into indirect speech answer . So you need to go through direct and indirect speech rules pdf and teach and learn narration-
1. Read and complete the following Passage:-
- Add salt, black pepper powder, chat masala powder and red chilli powder to the mixture according to taste
- Apply oil on hands and shape the mixture into cutlets
- Coat it with bread crumbs and brush with oil
- Shallow fry the cutlets on the greased non-stick frying pan
- Serve them hot with crisp salad, wafers and tomato sauce
To prepare vegetable cutlets, first of all, potatoes and peas are boiled and peeled separately.
One finely chopped onion, 50 gm of grated cabbage, two chopped green chillies and (a)____ _. All the ingredients except the bread crumbs are mixed together in a bowl. Salt, black pepper powder, chat masala powder and red chilli powder (b) _______ according to taste. The oil is applied on hands and (c)_____ into cutlets. It is coated with bread crumbs and brushed with oil. The cutlets are shallow fried on the greased non-stick frying pan. Then, they (d)_______ and tomato sauce.
- The trader sells cotton in the cotton market
- Ginning mill buys the cotton
- Then the ginning mill removes the seeds and presses the cotton into bales
- Spinning mill buys the bales
- Spinning mill spins the cotton into yarn
- Then the spinning mill sells the yarn to yarn dealers
Cotton is sold (a)______ . The cotton (b) ______ by the ginning mill where the (c) ______ and the cotton is pressed into bales. Then the bales are bought by the spinning mill. The cotton (d) by the spinning mill and then the yarn is sold to the yarn dealers.
1.(a) two tbsp of bread crumbs are taken
(b) are added to the mixture
(c) the mixture is shaped
(d) are served hot with crisp salad, wafers
2.(a) by the trader in the cotton market
(b) is then bought
(c) seeds are removed
(d) is spun into yarn