Direct and Indirect Speech sentences are really very helpful to learn English but how to teach direct and indirect speech is a big art and this can be done through direct indirect speech rules and narration rules so we are providing a direct and indirect speech rules chart and some reported speech worksheet
1.Read and complete the following Passage:-
Visakhapatnam is (a)________ and is (b) ________ . Its popular name is Vizag It has (c) ________ other side. The long (d) ________ fascinating. The 25 kms coastline has a view which is breath taking.
- The major fire in electronic goods godown
- Plot No. 17a Sector IV, Manesar
- Time & Day : Monday, 10.30 p.m.
- Loss of property worth several lakhs — High Tech Electronic goods — TVs at ACs destroyed
- No casualty
- Cause — cigarette butt left by a labourer
- Delayed entry of fire-tenders — Security guard misplaced keys
- Took 40 minutes to control fire
- A Major Fire Accident
An electronic goods godown in (a) ________ on Monday night .No one was hurt but (b) ________as TVs and ACs got burnt.
The fire broke out at 10.30 p.m. by (c) ________ .The fire-tenders would not start action immediately as (d)________ .
- Take two tablespoons of custard powder in a bowl.
- Take 500 mls of milk. Adds approximately 50 mls from this to the custard powder to make a smooth paste.
- Boil the remaining milk with 50 gms of sugar.
- Add custard paste slowly to the boiling milk stirring continuously to avoid burning for 2-3 minutes.
- Let it cool.
1.(a) the second largest city of Andhra Pradesh
(b) one of the fastest growing cities of Asia.
(c) The Eastern Ghats on one side and Bay of Bengal on the
(d) stretches of golden beaches with a backdrop of green hills is
2.(a) Plot No. 17a, Sector IV, Manesar was destroyed in a fire accident.
(b) property worth several lakhs was destroyed.
(c) a cigarette butt left by a labourer.
(d) the security guard had misplaced the keys.