NO MEN ARE FOREIGN
By– James Kirkup
Multiple Choice Questions
1.“They, too, aware of sun and air and water”- Who are they?
(a)Soldiers of the country
(b)People of another country
(c)People of Northland
(d)The living beings
2. The poet James Kirkupmentioned that the people of other countries are also aware of ______ and______ and _______just like his native people. (Choose the correct order from below)
(a)Air, water, sun
(b)Sun, air, water
(c)Sun, water, air
(d)Water, air, Sun
3. “They, too, aware of sun and air and water,
Are fed by peaceful harvests, by war’s long winter starv’d”—Explain.
(a)God has given peace and equal opportunities to everyone
(b)Sun, air and water are essential to survive
(c)Sun, air and water along with peaceful crops need to be distributed
(d)God is generous to the modest people
4. Who are fed by peaceful harvests in the poem No Men Are Foreign?
(d)People of other countries
5. What does harvest mean?
6. “..by war’s long winter starv’d”- What does the poet mean by this?
(a)Winter is too harsh to survive
(b)Winter brings peaceful harvests
(c)Every man starves during winter in a same way. No one’s an exception
(d)Man is too weak to starve during winters. Hence one needs to harvest.
7. What does starve mean?
(a)To live in poverty
(b)To live without food
(c)To live without shelter
(d)To live without happiness
8. “A labour not different from our own”- Who is the labour here?
(a)A worker from poet’s native
(b)A worker from different country
(c)A worker from the islands
(d)A worker from small town
9. What should we remember about men from the poem ‘No Men Are Foreign’?
(a)That all are weird
(b)That no one is strange
(c)That no one is foreign
(d)Both (b) and (c)
10. In the poem ‘ No Men Are Foreign’, people of other countries are fed by _________
|1.(b)People of another country|
|2. (b)Sun, air, water|
|3. (a)God has given peace and equal opportunities to everyone|
|4. (d)People of other countries|
|5. (a)Gathering crops|
|6. (c)Everyman starves during winter in a same way. No one’s an exception|
|7. (b)To live without food|
|8. (b)A worker from different country|
|9. (d)Both (b) and (c)|
|10. (c)Peaceful harvests|
Want to Read More Check Below:-