By- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
I QUICK REVIEW OF CHAPTER I
1. Abdul Kalam was born at—
(A) Dhanuskodi (B) Rameswaram
(C) New Delhi (D) none of the above
Ans. (B) Rameswaram
2. The name of the book written by Abdul Kalam is—
(A) Wings of Fire (B) My Childhood
(C) My Autobiography (D) Wings of Science
Ans. (A) Wings of Fire
3. How old was Abdul Kalam when the Second World War broke out in 1939.
(A) eight years (B) nine years
(C) ten years (D) eleven years
Ans. (A) eight years
4. Who of the following was not Abdul Kalam’s close friends At school?
(A) Ramanadha Sastry. (B) Aravindan
(C) Sivaprakasan (D) Samsuddin
Ans. (D) Samsuddin
5The first that earned money for Abdul Kalam was
(A) collecting and selling tamarind seeds (B) collecting and selling newspapers
(C) Both (A) and (B) (D) none of the above
Ans. (A) collecting and selling tamarind seeds
6. Who was Abdul Kalam sitting with when the new teacher asked him to sit on the last bench?
(A) Aravindan (B) Ramanadha Sastry
(C) Sivaprakasan (D) none of the above
Ans. (B) Ramanadha Sastry
7. Which symbol represented Abdul Kalam as a Muslim boy?
(A) ‘he spoke Urdu (B) he wore black clothes
(C) he wore a cap (D) all of the above
Ans. (C) he wore a cap
8. What is Dinamani the name of
(A) a newspaper (B) a book
(C) a train (D) a friend of Abdul Kalam
Ans. (A) a newspaper
9. The name of Abdul Kalam’s father was
(A) Jainulabdeen (B) Samsuddin
(C) Rahimddin (D) None of the above
Ans. (A) Jainulabdeen
10. Which religion did Abdul Kalam belong to?
(A) Muslim (B) Hindu
(C) Christian (D) Jewish
Ans. (A) Muslim
11. Abdul Kalam was born in a
(A) rich family (B) poor family
(C) middle-class family (D) political family
Ans. (C) middle-class family
12. Abdul Kalam became the 11th of India.
(A) President (B) Prime Minister
(C) Chief Justice (D) Army Chief
Ans. (A) President
13. Who was Sivasubramania lyer ?
(A) Abdul Kalam’s new teacher in 5th standard (B) Abdul Kalam’s science teacher
(C) Both (A) and (B) (D) None of the above
Ans. (B) Abdul Kalam’s science teacher
14. In which state of India is Rameswaram?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (C) Tamilnadu
(B) Kerala (D) Karnatka
Ans. (C) Tamilnadu