ISWARAN THE STORYTELLER
By- R.K. Laxman
QUICK REVIEW OF THE CHAPTER
- Who is the narrator of the story ‘Iswaran the Storyteller’?
(A) Ganesli (B) Mahendra
(C) Iswaran (D) R.K. Laxman Ms.
Ans. (B) Mahendra
- Whom does Mahendra narrate the story of Iswaran.?
(A) Ganesh (B) Iswaran
(C) R.K. Laxman (D) none of these
Ans. (A) Ganesh
- What was Mahendra’s job ?
(A) he was the manager of a cinema (B) he worked in a government office
(C) he was a supervisor in a construction company(D) he was a storyteller
Ans. (C) he was a supervisor in a construction company
- What was Mahindra’s marital status ?
(A) married (B) widower
(C) engaged and going to be married soon (D) bachelor
Ans.. (D) bachelor
- What was the name of Mahendra’s cook ?
(A) Iswaran (B) Ganesh
(C) Ramu (D) Shankaran
Ans. (A) Iswaran
- Iswaran had an amazing capacity. What was it ?
(A) falling down big trees (B) producing vegetables and cooking ingredients
(C) telling lies (D) cheat shopkeepers
Ans.. (B) producing vegetables and cooking ingredients
- What books did Iswaran read ?
(A) Tamil thrills (B) Urdu stories
(C) Hindi novels (D) Punjabi stories
Ans.. (A) Tamil thrills
- What was the special feature of his stories ?
(A) light humour (B) satire on system
(C) tragic ending (D) suspense and a surprise ending
Ans.. (D) suspense and a surprise ending
- How does Iswaran describe a fallen tree ?
(A) a huge mountain (B) a huge building
(C) an enormous bushy beast (D) a small thing
Ans.. (C) an enormous bushy beast
- In Iswaran story from where the tusker escaped ?
(A) cage (B) timber yard
(C) forest (D) circus
Ans.. (B) timber yard
- How was the mad elephant breaking the walls ?
(A) like toys (B) like kettles
(C) like matchsticks (D) like puppets
Ans.. (C) like matchsticks
- Why did the people run helter-skelter in panic ?
(A) to see the tiger (B) to see a giant
(C) to see a giant (D) none of these
Ans.. (B) to see the mad elephant
- When the elephant entered the school ground in which class was Iswaran studying ?
(A) junior (B) senior
(C) 10th (D) 12th
Ans.. (A) junior
- From where was Iswaran watching this incident
(A) from a room (B)from the cupboard
(C) from a tree (D) from the rooftop
Ans.. (D) from the rooftop
- What did Iswaran do to tackle the wild elephant ?
(A) hit on his trunk (B) hit on his third toenail
(C),sit on his neck with an iron goad (D) pricked his trunk with a needle
Ans.. (B) hit on his third toenail
- What happened to the elephant when Iswaran hit on the third toenail of the elephant ?
(A) grunted loudly and collapsed on the (B) ran away from there ground
(C) caught Iswaran in his trunk and threw him (D) made friendship with lswaran away
Ans.. (A) grunted loudly and collapsed on the ground
- Why was a veterinary doctor summoned ?
(A) to treat lswaran (B) to treat the elephant
(C) to take the elephant away from there (D) all the options are correct
Ans.. (B) to treat the elephant
- Where did the school boys hide themselves to see the mad elephant ?
(A) on trees (B) in thcir houses
(C) in their classrooms (D) in the Headmaster’s room
Ans. (C) in their classrooms
- Who is a mahout ?
(A) a labourer (B) an elephant’s driver
(C) a cook (D) a writer
Ans.. (B) an elephant’s driver
- Which art helped Iswaran to bring down the beast ?
(A) boxing (B) wrestling
(C) ju-jitsu (D) yoga
Ans. (C) ju-jitsu