Preparing for grammar is a major step for learning English. Keeping in View we are providing English Grammar Test Exercises with answers PDF. These exercises include miscellaneous items like present tenses exercises, mixed conditionals exercises, tenses exercise with answers, to-infinitive exercise, perfect tenses exercises. This English grammar test quiz will help you to take advanced grammar tests.
Direction: Change the sentences as directed.
- She said, “I decided to work hard because hard work is the key to success”. (Change the narration)
- Left me/my parents/with her/they/in the city/when/went to live. (Rearrange to form a meaningful sentence)
- This is among two friends and will be solved on mutual understanding. (Use the correct prepositions)
- Your house may be (big) but mine is, (good) than you. (Use the ‘comparative’ degree’)
- The bomb exploded. This shattered the window panes. The window panes were shattered due to ……………… (Complete the sentence `nominalising’ the verb ‘exploded’)
- If we (play) well, we (win) the match. (Use If + past perfect + would have + past participle construction)
- The well-built boy which I met at the airport is a famous football player. (Correct the sentence using the correct relative pronoun)
- Mohan was irritated by the noise. Mohan left the place. (Combine using the correct past participle form of the verb)
- We all make mistakes. It is human……………… (Combine the pair using ‘gerund’ as the subject.)
- If I were you … (Complete the sentence)
- Meena and Neena went to the garden with (a) ………..aunt and found (b)………… full of mangoes. (Use the correct pronouns in the blanks)
- They have enough money. They ………..from the bank. (Use the correct form of the modal ‘need’)
- You were absent (a) ………… the class ………….Monday. (Use the right prepositions)
- There are clouds in the sky. It……………….. (Complete the sentence using the modal showing ‘possibility’)
- They ……………. not challenge the authority of their boss. (Fill the proper ‘modal’ in the blank)
- She said that she had decided to work hard because hard work is the key to success.
- My parents left me with her when they went to live in the city.
- This is between two friends and will be solved with mutual understanding.
- Your house may be bigger but mine is better than you.
- The window panes were shattered due to the explosion of the bomb.
- If we had played well, we would have won the match.
- The well-built boy whom I met at the airport is a famous hockey player.
- Irritated by the noise, Mohan left the place.
- Making mistakes is human.
- If I were you, I would go to the police.
- Meena and Neena went to the garden with their aunt and found it full of mangoes.
- They have enough money. They need not borrow it from the bank.
- You were absent from the class on Monday.
- There are clouds in the sky. It may rain today.
- They dare not challenge the authority of their boss.